I've been waiting 4 months for you baby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
After patiently letting this beer sit in the secondary for four months, I just finished bottleing my imperial stout from Northern Brewer. The only thing I changed about the recipe was I added 1 bottle of pure maple syrup. The maple flavor is barely noticeable, but otherwise it tastes awesome. This may be the most excited I have been about a beer so far. It will be a test of my willpower to let this sit in the bottle for a while.:ban:

if you get the chance to brew again, try finding grade b maple syrup. Much more "maple" flavor and slightly cheaper.

Stay strong my friend, you can do it. And your reward for being good, you can have this beer for breakfast with your eggs and pancakes. Maple stout sounds fantastic!

Heh, if 4 months is awhile for you, I don't suggest getting into sour beers anytime soon. I just finally kegged my Flanders Red the other day...which I brewed last July. And it was still barely ready. :D

Back