Flow Control Faucet Opinions/Reviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceman80403

Reaction score
I acquired a "glycol cooled" 5 tap T style beer tower with standard faucets on eBay for $100.99 shipped. SCORE! It didn't have a lid and was kinda dirty and dinged up, but I made a lid out of sheet metal and cleaned it up. The taps aren't in very good shape in my opinion because the chrome has been chipped off a bit on the outsides, is almost completely gone on the shaft assemblies, 3 levers are brass, and all the brass is very corroded.

I was considering buying new stainless steel shafts and levers and using the rest of the parts, but I've come across flow control faucets and they seem to be great. Simply turning a screw to adjust output pressure (so lines don't have to be balanced for every different beer), forward sealing, and self closing sound miraculous, but they're incredibly pricey! I've searched this forum and done extensive googling for reviews of these faucets, but have not come up with much. From what little I've found people really seem to like them. I'd like to hear what people here think about them so I can decide if it is worth it to buy the flow control faucets (over time!) or to buy replacement parts for my current faucets. I'm of the mindset now to not to waste money buying "intermediate" brew equipment since I'll end up buying the good stuff eventually anyway.

Thanks.

There are a few here that use those type of forward sealing faucets. I am not sure exactly who, but keep looking here on HBT you'll find them.

Back