What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's overcast, and in the low sixties but I dig it!
that's crazy talk, brutha!

82 degrees in beautiful Northeast Pennsylvania today.

Same for NW PA. Gonna go have a beer on the back porch!

what has 2 thumbs & wants your warm weather?

thisguy.jpg

scottyg354 said:
82 degrees in beautiful Northeast Pennsylvania today.

That weather sounds most excellent! We've been on the northern end of the destructive Midwest weather the past couple days.

Billy-Klubb said:
that's crazy talk, brutha!

I most certainly fit the crazy bill...but only on Tuesdays!

sounds like today is your day! let me know when you travel out this way and I'll get some brews organized. we got the flea market down by Spirit lake this weekend, but I'll let you know when we make it that way.

Having my chlorine triple. Got 4+ gallons of it I dont want to pour down. There is a good beer hiding behind. :( power through it man

Dump it!

Shorts Beard of Zeus. Tasting it again theres something decidedly vegetal in the beginning that Im not crazy about but it fades to big bitterness and stone fruit
View attachment 123512

Single hop Zeus sounds not so good, of course I'm not a huge Shorts fan. All I've had was Cornholio and it was capital 'T' Terrible.

Drinking TNGabe's sour porter.

View attachment 123516

I'm enjoying this. Sour and tart upfront. Nice and dry, fruity and in the end a roasted flavor from the dark grain. I like it Gabe!

Oh and eating my orange chicken. So much better than takeout.

View attachment 123520

Ha, thanks. It's ok. It was pretty good when I bottled it. I guess I'm just letting the borderline awful score I got in category 23 color my judgement.

Stout braised brisket with blackberries, roasted turnips & cauliflower.

image-2218836014.jpg

Drinking saison since I'm too lazy to go get a stout and the bottle isn't empty.

I own this day, cause its Tuesday!

Just enjoyed boulevards sixth sense quad. Mighty fine! SWMBO is picking the next brew and helping me study for MBAA associate steward test. Damn fine evening!

Dump it!

Single hop Zeus sounds not so good, of course I'm not a huge Shorts fan. All I've had was Cornholio and it was capital 'T' Terrible.

Ha, thanks. It's ok. It was pretty good when I bottled it. I guess I'm just letting the borderline awful score I got in category 23 color my judgement.

Shorts has had some crazy beers but they also have a lot of really really good ones

Nice aroma, mouthfeel and flavor ... was hoping for a stronger hop finish though.

View attachment 123536

Home from the Magic Kingdom? Wasn't sure when you posted from dinner and a movie last night. How was the new Star Trek? Heard it was more action movie than Trek from the one review I've read. I want it to be good. Not a full blown Trekie, but a big fan.

A sample of my pineapple heffe to see when it's time to throw the keg in the fridge to stop the yeast from eating the pineapple juice.

Enjoying a gravity sample of my Richard Simmons DIPA homebrew; citra, mosaic, and nelson sauvin...all fruity hops. Dry hopping will make this brew unbelievable.

So good I'm going in twice.
View attachment 123519

Glad to hear - I have one in the fridge for later this week!

You suggest dumping it? One vote for dumping it. I know I should. Just wasted money.

Enjoying this before at least two batches maybe three will be dumped

View attachment 123529

If you're forcing yourself to drink it, then if dump it. Live, learn and move on. Oh - and OlderViscosity is very nice too.

Do you know how fresh it is? Even relatively old (as hoppy beers go) ones have had plenty of hop finish for me. It may just be a simple case of personal taste, though.

I just got it so I don't think it's that old (but the bottle doesn't have a date and I don't feel like going downstairs to check the carrier for a date.). It is improving as it warms though so perhaps it was just too cold.

Home from the Magic Kingdom? Wasn't sure when you posted from dinner and a movie last night. How was the new Star Trek? Heard it was more action movie than Trek from the one review I've read. I want it to be good. Not a full blown Trekie, but a big fan.

Yeah, we got back late on Sunday and felt like being lazy last night. I liked the movie - good story, action and just the right amount of campiness.

NoKatoBrewer said:
I own this day, cause its Tuesday!

Just enjoyed boulevards sixth sense quad. Mighty fine! SWMBO is picking the next brew and helping me study for MBAA associate steward test. Damn fine evening!

Nice beer. Saving one for the next birthday thats been put up for about 2 years

Magic Hat Elder Betty.

Never have had any Magic Hat brews, but this stuff really impressed me. Made from the branches of an elderberry tree, which I have never heard of until now. Yes I'm from the south. I don't think they are very common here but I would definitely be willing to make my own if I stumble upon an elderberry tree.
image-2842286079.jpg

Trying to play kick the keg with my DIPA. I had my ego inflated today when my beer geek neighbor came over and tried it and said I "need to go down to Schnebly's [our local brewery] and teach them how to brew a beer"

Mission St. Pale Ale. Tasty beer, brewed by the central coast's finest: Firestone Walker. And only $5.99 for a sixer...can't beat that.

NIZZLE said:
All I got is this.

My bottle shop had a four pack chilling in the back room no one picked up :)

Nice score! Hopefully with Founders here in Houston now, I'll be able to get some in bottles next year's release.

If you're forcing yourself to drink it, then if dump it. Live, learn and move on. Oh - and OlderViscosity is very nice too.

True. Just hate to dump it. I think I fixed what was wrong. My newest batch doesn't have it. Will Dump tomorrow. Will wear a black arm band and play taps while pouring it down.

Back