• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale - 15G Epot/BK or HLT (electric brewery style) - Megapot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
SOLD

I am interested in selling my 15G Megapot (with lid and 3-piece ball valve) electric element pot for $350. I am selling because I want to upgrade pot size to a 25G pot. It comes to you with the following hardware:

1. Auberins detachable RTD Probe and wiring.
2. 3 piece stainless ball valve (installed)
3. Element/junction box with long 10/3 dryer cord and 3 prong, etc. (matching outlet not included; available at HD for ~$10)
4. Reflectix wrap that insulated the pot for better boil efficiency (can be removed); the silver tape is high temp rated hvac metal tape

Not sure if you have seen the megapots before, but they are bomb proof and have a more sturdy construction than any other pot on the market (IMO, yes even beefier than blichmann).

The pot is tried and true. I built the pot in April of last year so it has been in service for less than a year. The element is about 8-9months old. I replaced it at one point because I foolishly thought it had died, but instead it was the SSR on my control panel that had a bad connection.

I can toss in a couple extra silicone sealing rings as well.

I checked back through my notes and I have over $400 into the pot, not counting my effort to drill the 3 holes, make the junction box etc. I am looking for $350 since it is tried and true and everything is is perfect running shape.

Looking for a local delivery (Syracuse, NY area) or you pay for shipping or we arrange a meet up. Thanks!

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

Beautiful looking setup. I'm jealous. Good luck selling!

Thanks man!! Make an offer if you are interested ;);) (ebrewing is where it is at :D)

If it weren't for my buddy and I having some delusional desire for a overkill sized pot for our shared set up, I wouldn't be getting rid of this bad boy. 15G is a great size.

Speaking of that (if used as a BK), this pot's element sits low enough that you can do 5G batches as well as 10G batches.

Also I might be willing to give people a deal on the pot without the electric hardware I can reuse it in my next pot build. This way you can either buy the pot itself and build your own electrics or you can plug up the holes from the pot and use it with propane until you are ready to upgrade. (I found a plug set up on mcmaster that would seal up the element hole).

What's the wattage on the element?

It is the largest size used in typical Home Brew electric set ups (5500w). This is the camco ULWD element used in the electric brewery. It easily boils the full volume. You can maintain the boil as is with like 60-65% on manual mode if using a PID. Probably much less if you added more insulation to the pot.

**Correction** Checked my notes and in the summer I could maintain a boil with about 50-55% on manual mode and in the winter I was using 60-65%. You can always go full on with it at 100% too.

I'm not in the market now but probably in 1-2 yrs after my basement is finished I'd like to go Electric. It seems like you have good notes on what you built. If you are comfortable with sharing your info I'd love to get a copy of your notes and parts list. I will PM you my personal email address.

If you don't care to give away your "secrets" that is fine too!

Back