What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a beer fest & had bunch of different ones. The New Belgium sour was awesome!! Walked outta there with 2 sixes of Summit No8 Black IPA, 2 Sierra Nevada Celebrations, a Two Hearted Ale & a 4pk of Peacetrees Hop Sutra.

Just finishing a second hydrometer sample,her SA summer ale. The first was my Burton ale,done at FG 1.018. Gettin a nice lil buzz.

image-544349948.jpg

Yummy.

McSorley's Black Irish Lager. Went to McSorley's in the city Saturday and forgot they give you 2 pints at a time. Drank 6 of eight (We're with one other couple, one of whom is sober and the other, I discovered after I ordered, doesn't like "dark" beer.) 12 oz. glass, about four ounces of foam. Thank God for cabs.

I like McSorley's Black Irish Lager.... I like Black Lagers in general. Right now I'm drinking the Guiness Black Lager. It's a bit more dry than McSorleys, but still tasty.

I'm sitting I'm a pub in St Simons Island Ga and they have McSorley's Black on tap. I had a taste and it tastes just like it does in McSorely's in NYC. Brought back some foggy memories...

Just finished one each of St. Bernardus 6, 8, 10, and 12. Split them with my cousin and dad. Next up is the la trappe lineup

Just a basic amber ale tonight , gotta keep a straight -ish head , trying an Irish red all grain for the first time ( AG ,and this recipe )

ForumRunner_20111112_192513.jpg

About 30 different and great samples a Homebrew for Hunger yesterday in Chapel Hill NC.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-4179571847.jpg

image-2085017702.jpg

image-1287872228.jpg

Just did a set of three from Daisen G-Beer from Tottori, Japan. Ultra-rare (for the brewery) Dunkel, Imperial Stout, and Barley Wine. I blame (thank) the barkeep for having a sale on three beer sets from Daisen.

Just finished one each of St. Bernardus 6, 8, 10, and 12. Split them with my cousin and dad. Next up is the la trappe lineup

My friend in Amsterdam brought me back a case of La Trappe Trippel a couple years ago. Wasn't impressed with the first couple, stuck the remainder in the basement. A year later they were amazing.

Cool bottles as well.

The gift pack only had the quad and isidor. The quad could use some aging, but the isidor was real good. Their serving goblet is my favorite piece of glass

A growler of Wooden Nickel Scottish Peated Lager. It's from a little brewpub in Mcgregor, IA. They're building a brewery in Coralville that'll make them the largest brewer in ia. This particular beer has Scottish malts coupled with German lager yeast and hops. It's quite tasty, and the rest of their beers are very good too (i really like their Munich Helles). I gotta hand it to them, a small brewpub that brews mainly German Lagers.

biestie said:
A growler of Wooden Nickel Scottish Peated Lager. It's from a little brewpub in Mcgregor, IA. They're building a brewery in Coralville that'll make them the largest brewer in ia. This particular beer has Scottish malts coupled with German lager yeast and hops. It's quite tasty, and the rest of their beers are very good too (i really like their Munich Helles). I gotta hand it to them, a small brewpub that brews mainly German Lagers.

I tried some of theirs at the wine & food show this weekend. Really liked the one made with the Whiskey yeast.

Back