Skybus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Anyone fly them yet? They are REALLY cheap but I guess if you're not flying to Columbus, OH then there really isn't a reason to use them. One way tickets from Richmond to Columbus are as little as $10. They are definitely no-frills but if I can soon fly to San Francisco or Seattle for dirt-cheap, I won't mind paying $2 for a soda.

http://www.skybus.com/Home.aspx

Of course, since the tickets are so cheap, I wonder about the plane parts...

There's a local that only flies from Salem, OR to Salt Lake City, UT. Don't know if you need special underwear.

Skybus is flying all new equipment... small Airbuses... they are cheap because thier captains are paid 60k per year whereas most airline captains are around 150-170k/year. They also have no real infrastructure, the only way you can book or contact them is via the internet... they do not have reservations people or call centers. They will be out of business in a couple years, but it is a neat idea. They also will not fly into any congested airports, to reduce delays, thus saving money again. I say fly them while they are still in existance!

We will be living in Columbus soon so $321.00 round trip for 2 people ain't bad!! Hope they stay in business. They just have to hope the airports they choose will be enough to keep up with the demand.

My sister's in Columbus, so we're thinking about this when we go to see her next. Still looks like we'd have to drive a ways to get to the airport, though - but better than two days in the car.

the_bird said:
My sister's in Columbus, so we're thinking about this when we go to see her next. Still looks like we'd have to drive a ways to get to the airport, though - but better than two days in the car.

2 days? Bah! Cbus is a mere 10 hours for me, 12 for yourself.

Back