How many HBTers have you met in person..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 I know from around here and the other 6 from last year's AHA Nationals in Denver.

I couldn't ask to meet a greater group of people, and why they put up with their low-life husbands I will never understand!

Honestly they were all fantastic.

two,

but I hope to get more of the people I know on here, and I plan on meeting a few others here in a couple weeks when our bulk order comes in!

I like to think of it as "how many HBT'rs have you had a beer with?

I've had beers with DrunkenSatyr in Dallas, BierMuncher in St. Louis, Bike & Brew in Pittsburgh, Brewtopia in Seattle, TexLaw at the Dixie Cup, and tgrier has been out the the Bee Cave Brewery for me to sample his BCB Haus Pale.

I'm getting together with BierMuncher & HarvinStl next week. Perhaps some more in Providence in March.

I'm off to Park City, Utah after Providence for a little R&R. I would like to meet some HBT'rs at Wasatch Brewery.

Just one, bigjohnmilford. I gave him (and his wife Melana, who wasn't there) a few cases of bottles, and we also exchanged 6-packs.

The exchanging of brown paper bags in the dark Dunkin' Donuts parking lot was definitely one of the sketchier things I've done. :)

DaveyBoy said:
The exchanging of brown paper bags in the dark Dunkin' Donuts parking lot was definitely one of the sketchier things I've done. :)

Been there, done that. :drunk: Exchanging brews with DrunkenSatyr in the parking lot of Buffalo Wild Wings, waiting for the cops to swarm. :D

4, all locals that came over to join in on a brew day. Yeah, we shared a beer or three. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with some our brothers in Austin when our bulk grain buy comes in. :D

I've only met two so far- Sause and Wolf. I spoke to Bernie Brewer on the phone when he stood me up once. But, that will be changing soon during a SEWAGE outing at the end of the month in Milwaukee. I think there are a bunch of us getting together.

I hope I meet a whole bunch of you guys at the NHBC!

YooperBrew said:
I spoke to Bernie Brewer on the phone when he stood me up once.

Aw let it go, willya?????? :) The weather was horrible, and I actually did start to drive there. We went about six miles and saw about a dozen cars in the ditch and turned around to go home. Besides, I'll see you next Sat at the Golden Chickens game..............

Oh, and I've met five, all SEWAGErs.

I have only meet Ed Wort... which I would have to say I feel fortunate for ..since he has such a well deserved presence here. I am looking forward to meeting more.. when the bulk grain comes in... and at Ed's Chili cookoff.

I would love to have a couple of beer with BM. I have tried quite a few of his beers..
Txlaw and BobbyM and zeobisch01 would be on my list... and hell... I could have a beer with all of you MF's... I have learned more here than I could have possibliy learned from books or my LHS.

oh and Blindlemom lars...

T

Boy, gotta be more than a dozen... let me think...

2nd Street
Chillhayze
Glibbidy
Hippie
Vermicious
Knights of Gambrinius (or whatever he calls himself these days ;))
Kaiser
Dude
Boston
Orpheus
Kappclark
Evanmars
Raymcneill (he's official now ;))
ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo
bnutting

There's got to be a few others, too... planning to meet up with Jester369 this spring. If I'm forgetting you, I'm sorry!

And, I'm glad to report... every single person I've met, I'd be glad to share a beer with again.

I've met 17 counting my brew partner.

They are:

Brewpastor
Dude
RichBrewer
olllllo
Clayof2day
ChrisK
EdWort
dblvsn
McKBrew
EvilTOJ
Warped04
seawort
shmevinator
Hemi
StoutMiester
GetYourBrewOn
drost

I've only met Brewtopia when he came into town, because that man gets around! Wait, no, there was another HBT'er with him but I'm sorry I forgot who.

EdWort, I grew up in Park City Utah. I love the Wasatch brewpub, even though I've only been able to go in there once. There's three ways up to the top of Main Street to get to where the brewery is. Trust me, do NOT take Main! It is very steep and will take for frickin ever with all the tourists. Take Marsac avenue, or Swede Alley.

And pick up a Polygamy Porter shirt! Make that two! You can't have just one :D

one.....
Beerific posted that he was making a kegerator, and I posted that I wanted his bottles after he emptied them. He delivered 100+ to my work.

We are planning an Atlanta get together soon for a "Pub Crawl"

Only two, and they are my roommates (Kai and Cambo). But I hope to meet Mr. x soon, through the King's Brewing collective.

DaveyBoy said:
Just one, bigjohnmilford. I gave him (and his wife Melana, who wasn't there) a few cases of bottles, and we also exchanged 6-packs.

The exchanging of brown paper bags in the dark Dunkin' Donuts parking lot was definitely one of the sketchier things I've done. :)[/QUOTE

You never know what you're going to see in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot. Thanks again DaveyBoy. We still haven't had a chance to kill that 6er you gave us. Looks like I'll be waiting another week cause someone is hitting the road again this weekend. We met another member at the Providence beerfest in November. I forget his name now. We also almost meet Paul the nurse one time. But since it looks like we'll be headed to his place in late March we'll make up for that.
Perhaps we'll have the chance to meet Ed when he's in Providence.

Latest posts

Back