storing kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bela

Reaction score
, tell me where I'm wrong and what i need to do. I go from 3 to 4 weeks in primary then I keg. I put 20psi of co2 and store it in the closet for three weeks. Is the beer ready to drink or does it need a few weeks in the fridge too? If I carb in the closet does the co2 need to be on the whole time.

I brewed two batches, put one in fridge with co2 set at 10psi and the other I put 20psi and stuck in the closet. The one in the closet is a little flat. Not sure if it needs to be on co2 all the time or is it the tempature?

thanks for your help.

You should be using a carbonation chart like this to determine what pressure you need at a given temp, then set it at that and leave the gas on. You need higher pressures at higher temps to achieve the same level of carbonation. I don't know what temp your closet is but unless it's pretty cold that would explain your being undercarbed at 20 psi.

perfect! thanks for the chart. The 20 psi was right for my temps, I just didn't have the co2 left on.

Back