Tell me what to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the75

Reaction score
I bought a 1 gallon glass unfiltered organic apple juice jar from the store. I also bought 1 packet of wine yeast that I plan on using about 1/3 of. I'll be adding the yeast & slapping an airlock on, but a couple questions first:
Should I boil the apple juice first? Should I add any corn sugar & if so, how much? Should I boil the corn sugar in water & add it like that or just pour it straight in? Fermentation temp? Do I take gravity readings or just let it go? I'm trying to keep it simple, just a fun experiment, but I'd still like to try to make something that tastes good... I brew beer normally, this is my first foray into cider.

no boiling, make some space in your jug, check sg, adjust with a bit of sugar if you want a higher percent. add air lock and wait for the bubbling joy.

and of course sanitize

i always add some nutrient but others skip it, if you have it i would add a bit it cant hurt.

Back