Craft Brew Beer Battle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA49erFan21

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and either one was never started or it's been awhile since a good ol' beer battle was created. Would there be any interest in doing one?

The rules are pretty simple. A group of people take turns selecting their favorite craft brew. It would be best to have 8, 16 or 32 people playing to make the brackets work nicely. The lower the number of people playing the more picks we'll give each person. It's nice to get a wide assortment. We will then have brackets which will have 2 brews go head to head against each other and everybody in the forum will have the oppurtunity to vote for their favorite. The winner will move on to the next round and in the end we'll have a forum favorite.

Once everybody is entered, names will be drawn at random to decide the drafting order. Micros cannot be selected since it is not accessible to everybody.

It's quite easy and will be nice to see what everybody picks and how everyone votes. Perhaps we'll learn of some new brews in the process.

Again, is there any interest or questions?

Sigh...... We aren't picking yet. We have to get some people to play first. Currently not getting a lot of attention or love.

I have never had Heady Topper. I've heard of it it a few times in this forum though. I must try this after I find it. Do you know if this is available near or around the Philly area?

I have never had Heady Topper. I've heard of it it a few times in this forum though. I must try this after I find it. Do you know if this is available near or around the Philly area?

Sadly you'll have to travel to Vermont to indulge in this 8% hoppy american classic. The good news is that the Alchemist brewery is expanding their capacity and will soon be serving areas a little further out. It's a quality brew.

I would recommend you make a trip to Stowe VT and stop at a pizza place called Piecasso's. They have Heady on the menu, so you can try it with their spicy pizza, whatever it's called. Great food, staff, place, and beer all in one package. Then when you leave, the liquor store across the street sells cans of Heady.

In fact, VT has some really good beer all over the place. Lawson's Finest Liquids is also a gem. They've got this IPA that's just incredible. You should go there this summer. Trust me.

I like the idea but I think you need to run a bracket with specific styles. Everyone's taste is so different that there needs to be some consistency in the beer choice to truly come up with a winner...

I am extremely tired so sorry if that didn't make any sense....

Back