Crazy Hopsdirect Sale Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palefire

Reaction score
I'm sure others are posting about this, too, but Hopsdirect is having a crazy "Yard Sale" today. Some of the prices:

1lb Amarillo: $16.50
1lb Citra: $15.50
1lb Columbus: $6
1lb Glacier: $6
1lb Nugget: $7
1lb Willamette: $7

Lots more, most for under $10 a lb. All 2011 Crop.

Good time to stock up. I'm sure they'll sell out fast, so get on it!

Picked up a few #. I've been out of a few of those varieties.

Thanks Palefire. :mug:

Thanks! Order placed!

EDIT: What have I done. Did I really just buy that many pound of hops? So easy just to add a few more pounds at those prices.

I just bought a bunch too! For those prices crazy not to hold on to it and find a way to brew it :)

Ughhh my wife is going to KILL me, but I couldnt pass up these prices. Got a lb each of Nugget, Sterling, and Amarillo.

Something tells me we might be deep freezer shopping this weekend....

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered the buy one get one free Goldings and Amarillo.

Just saw this too. Picked up a lb of Amarillo, Citra, Centennial, and Columbus.

I had the exact same order except no Centennial since I still have some from my last order. $38 for 3 pounds plus some shipping is too hard to pass up. I had to hold back on throwing a couple $6-8 varieties in my cart just because they were so cheap. :mug:

Cool, thanks! I can't say no to a sale, freezer will be full.

WIN!!!!!!!! Just bought citra, amarillo, centennial and columbus! With shipping it averaged out to a dollar/ounce. I better clean some ball jars and get the vacuum pump ready!

WIN!!!!!!!! Just bought citra, amarillo, centennial and columbus! With shipping it averaged out to a dollar/ounce. I better clean some ball jars and get the vacuum pump ready!

A little off topic, but how do you like storing in Ball jars? I found it very inefficient in that I couldnt get a whole lot of weight into the jars, so they took up much more room in the freezer than using foodsaver bags.

Told my self I was stocked up for the rest of the year, then I see this. I could not stop myself 1lb each of Super Galena,Admiral, Citra, Glacier, Nugget, and Legacy. I'm sure I will find something to do with them. Now I can create some stupidily hopped beer, Yum.

Missed out on Citra, but I got centennial, Golding, Columbus, magnum, perle and Willamette.

I totally did not need to buy 5lbs of hops but but but it was only $40.

Anybody else want to have a contest of how many hops you can fit into a 5gal batch?

Thanks for reminding me this was happening. I saw a post on it a while back, but forgot. I just stocked up on a bunch of stuff, many I had never used before. Some were so cheap that it was impossible to pass on trying them. :mug:

Woo thanks for this heads up! Time to find out how much it is to ship a few pounds to Canada eh!

Pound of Amarillo and Centennial...also picked up a pound of Glacier on a whim, might make some sort of single-hop light pale ale out of it? Maybe a SMaSH? Never had a beer with it before, could be fun.

I totally did not need to buy 5lbs of hops but but but it was only $40.

Anybody else want to have a contest of how many hops you can fit into a 5gal batch?

Good timing, the most recent Basic Brewing podcast tells of a guy who put 2 pounds into a 5 gallon batch at 5 min. I think I'm going to try it.

i've been wanting to do a continuous 60 minute addition for a DIPA so i'm all set now... thinking of ordering more, but i don't need any more hops... just picked up a pound of simcoe last week... i'm over-hopped!

I just grabbed 3 lbs of a few pellet varieties... how long can I keep them in the freezer (i don't have a vacuum sealer)?

Bah. Thought about it for an hour and bought German Magnum, Czech Saaz, US Fuggle, US Tettnanger , & US Hallertau. Prices were too good to pass up. Any idea on shipping for 5#, the cart said TBD.....

jeffdill said:
Pound of Amarillo and Centennial...also picked up a pound of Glacier on a whim, might make some sort of single-hop light pale ale out of it? Maybe a SMaSH? Never had a beer with it before, could be fun.

Hah! GMTA. I got a # of Amarillo and a # of Glacier. I've used Glacier a lot as a sub for any delicate earthy/spicy hop w/ medium AA levels, especially in British pale ales. Hard to believe it was only $6/#!!!

Thanks to the OP... I love this sort of thing! :)

I just grabbed 3 lbs of a few pellet varieties... how long can I keep them in the freezer (i don't have a vacuum sealer)?

I'd really suggest getting one. A ghetto way is to use ziplock bags and manually suck out the air while closing it. Not exactly a vacuum seal but it gets most of the air out. The oils will degrade over time -- you'll have to use more of the hop to offset the degradation.

I use ProMash to calculate hop degradation over time -- dunno if there are any free ones.

When I buy bulk hops, I use a FoodSaver to portion them up into 2oz bags -- works great and should last several years.

I got 4 lbs shipped "ground delivery" to Dallas for ~$15. 5 lbs shouldn't be much more. I'm sure "ground delivery" is just USPS Parcel Post as UPS Ground and Fedex we're more expensive.

Bah. Thought about it for an hour and bought German Magnum, Czech Saaz, US Fuggle, US Tettnanger , & US Hallertau. Prices were too good to pass up. Any idea on shipping for 5#, the cart said TBD.....

Latest posts

Back