Brew Apps for Android

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewratt

Reaction score
Having trouble deciding, the ratings and such are all over the place and ridiculous. So, any advice on what might be worth paying for? Hopefully one that has about everything I already have and a little more.

Right now, I have these free apps:
BJCPDroid: The complete BJCP style database
HomeBrew Calculators: Just what it says
BrewR: A simple recipe formulation app; estimates OG, IBU, SRM, ABV, and FG; ingredients can be added (all the free BeerXML apps I've found are just what's there, no saying raspberries specifically instead of just fruit); it has a Brewday timer/alarm; space for recipe & batch notes; and it even has a spiffy little graphic of what color the beer should be.

The reason I'm looking is that while BrewR makes me mostly happy, I would like to double check the BJCP style database without moving to a different app, and on brewday it would be nice to have the calculator accessible from the timer.

I don't pay for homebrew talk forums for android, its great I rarely use my computer for it.

Brewersfriend.com is awsome but they don't have an app I don't think.

I have homebrewtalk for android as well, didn't mention it because I would never replace it.

I'm a big fan of Brewzor Pro... you can also import your Beersmith stuff into it as well since it supports BeerXML.

The reason I'm looking is that while BrewR makes me mostly happy, I would like to double check the BJCP style database without moving to a different app, and on brewday it would be nice to have the calculator accessible from the timer.

Glad it's working well for you. The timer doesn't have to stay in the foreground -- you can navigate away to other screens of the app or to other apps. You can come back quickly through the notification in the expanded notification bar. It will remind you of the ongoing timer and also show the time remaining. When the time comes to take action it will pop the timer into the foreground even though you are not on the timer screen. Hope this helps.

-Peter

I just found an app called ZymTools in the Android market that would replace two apps with one but unfortunately it doesn't let you save recipes. But at least it could take you from 3 apps to 2.

brewersfriend.com looks really cool, (not sure about the mash calculators though still learning it/at work), but pretty close to everything you would need to brew a beer.

- B916

Just giving an update on this one, finally found my app. the Beersmith app is WONDERFUL!!! and totally worth the money. I'm eagerly awaiting the upgraded version, so I can modify my recipes on my phone in the store, based on what they have on hand.

Back