2011-2012 HBT Irregulars Fantasy Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jds

Reaction score
Alright, you goons. Who's ready for some fantasy hockey? The kids are headed back to school, and the first stirrings of fall are showing here in Colorado. Time for an old dude's fancy to turn to... FANTASY HOCKEY!

For those who played in the irregulars league last year, your teams are still there, and ready for your attention. The league office is at http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagueoffice?leagueId=8404. We will have keepers from last year, currently I've set the number of keepers to 7.

There are two changes for this season, one I'm making unilaterally, and one I'm suggesting strongly:

The unilateral decision is: Injured Reserve slots. You'll have two IR slots so you can move IR-eligible players there and fill starter positions opened by IR'ed players. See the league rules for details.

The other change I'm suggesting (and in fact, have set up provisionally) is to change the forward positions from simply choosing from nine starting forwards, to requiring two centers, two each left and right wingers, and three "any available forward" slots. I think this might add some additional fun for managers. This change isn't cast in stone, so if existing owners really really hate the idea, let's discuss it.

So, everybody who played last year, get back in there, I've sent the invitations. We have one MIA owner (Bavarian BrewCrew), so I'll need at least one new owner, or for the original owner to claim it.

The first regular-season game is October 6, so we're still about six weeks out. I've currently set the draft for October 1, but there's plenty of time to change the draft date.

Matty: We'd like to have you, but I'm not sure how many open slots we have for this season. I'm pretty sure we'll need at least one new owner, but it's not 100% yet. I'll keep you posted and let you know when we open up owner slots.

OK, we're at less than two weeks out. I see some activity with player movement, so folks, it's time to get ready for 'ockey.

MattyIceGFunk: I PM'ed you. I need a real e-mail address to send you an invite for the league. I need to hear from you by 9/25, or I'll have to hand the slot off to somebody else.

Lastly, if there are any owners who are NOT in for this season, please let me know so we can pass your teams off to somebody else. Of ourse, you can do it yourself through the league menus and the "add 2nd owner" option.

The league link is http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagueoffice?leagueId=8404

We have another team open. So, who wants to take over one of the teams for this season? PM me an e-mail address, and I'll send the invite, first one in gets it. Second one in is first in line for any other openings.

Draft day is October 1, so there's not a ton of time left.

I still have two open teams. Draft day is Saturday. Quickly now, I need two people to step up to take them over. I've pestered my co-workers, but they're all lame. So, please, ask your friends, or PM me a valid e-mail address to take over one of our two open teams.

OK, you goons. Draft is TONIGHT, 9 PM Eastern.

Othon, I need to know what's up with the Jackoffasaurs. You mentioned that your brother wasn't going to play, but I see trades between JKFS and DUDE. In or out?

I've deleted one deadbeat team, so we're down to an 11-team roster. That may drop to 10 prior to the draft, depending on what's up with JKFS.

Update:

The Draft Room is OPEN

Updated Update: Draft is done. Good luck, everybody.

I don't hear any objections so we should just put things back to the way they were, kinda like in the South Park Movie.

I'm in limbo here with guys I dropped to get guys I can't use. Please don't pick up Cammaleri, Hejduk or Read since I might need them back.

I don't hear any objections so we should just put things back to the way they were, kinda like in the South Park Movie.

I'm in limbo here with guys I dropped to get guys I can't use. Please don't pick up Cammaleri, Hejduk or Read since I might need them back.

I would hope that we would have the rosters for ALL teams restored. While I don't mind giving back my pick-ups, I don't feel that I should be penalized by losing a few of my guys that I had to drop to pick up these guys off of the waiver wire.

Of course, I'm just pissed because the day I drop Simmonds, the peckerhead scores a goal.

OK, gang, I'm going to start tweaking rosters. All of JKFS' players are going back. Anybody who dropped players to acquire players dropped by JKFS will have those transactions reversed as well.

Neko will manage JKFS as well as his team, but has pledged not to trade players between the two teams, which stikes me as a pretty fair way to handle it.

Updated: Bqack to where we were, I think. If anybody sees weirdness on their rosters, let me know. For those of you who had waiver moves reversed, the players ended up on your bench. If they were involved in a game that's already started, they'll be locked and unavailable today. Sorry for any inconvenience.

OK, gang, I'm going to start tweaking rosters. All of JKFS' players are going back. Anybody who dropped players to acquire players dropped by JKFS will have those transactions reversed as well.

Neko will manage JKFS as well as his team, but has pledged not to trade players between the two teams, which stikes me as a pretty fair way to handle it.

Updated: Bqack to where we were, I think. If anybody sees weirdness on their rosters, let me know. For those of you who had waiver moves reversed, the players ended up on your bench. If they were involved in a game that's already started, they'll be locked and unavailable today. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Argh!!!

I wish you had done it either sooner or later. I lost 4.5 points yesterday, and I'm in a tight battle against a team with a much worse record. I just know that I'm going to lose by 4 points this week...

Sorry. I did my bestest. :(

Unfortunately, with all the holiday madness, I didn't have a good chance to do it either yesterday, before games started, or this morning. Blame it on JKFS. All it would have taken was an e-mail to say "sorry, guys, but I'm out", and I would've found a new owner without all the arsing around.

Back