infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david83

Reaction score
i have yet to get a infection yet so im not sure if this batch is infected or wether its just yeast clumping?i pitched the yeast just a activator smack pack today around noon just got home and its bubbling already but looks like this
1289-clu-018.jpg
[/IMG]
1290-clu-019.jpg
[/IMG]
1288-clu-016.jpg
[/IMG] thanks dave.

Looks like biscuits...ala chicken and dumplings. No idea if its an infection. Let it ride a couple days and see what happens.

just a update krausen looks normal and this thing is chugging right along so i think all things are normal this is my first batch using the see through carboy for primary fermentation.

Yep, I was going to mention that I've seen that often with yeast pre-full krausening. It blooms in some places first, looks like brains and floating ears and other weired stuff, then the rest of the yeast blooms and fills in the gaps and you have "normal" looking krausen, if you can EVER call krausen normal opinion.

Back