Pacman yeast from Rogue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runhard

Reaction score
I was at the Austin Homebrew yesterday and noticed they had Wyeast Pacman yeast from Rogue Brewery available. On an impulse I bought some but I've never brewed with this yeast and was wondering what I can expect. Rogue's John Maier's quote doesn't really tell one anything that we don't already know. Does anyone have experience with this yeast and what style of ale and grain bill will work well with Pacman?

On the spur of the moment I brewed yesterday here in Austin and we had a 'not as hot front'; it was only 98F and my driveway was a tepid 106F. Thank goodness for efficient wort chillers.

Jeffrey

The Pacman yeast strain is a proprietary one used by Rogue brewing company in Newport, OR. Wyeast is releasing it as a Very Special Strain until December. We have a Pacman recipe idea exchange going in this thread here. C'mon over and help us out!

Back