Found a cheap but good White Labs yeast viles holder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to pass this along. I saw this when I was ordering some stuff for work. They sell preforms as test tubes for kids. They have a big test tube rack for them for $5. I bought one and it came in 3 days. It is very strong plastic that is not brittle.

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1368

It is going into my kegorator, where I keep my yeast, to hold my yeast.

WBSB-500-6-baby-soda-bottles-in-a-rack-20110802-250x250.jpg

I always wondered if someone would have one the right size. Cool! I'll have to save that one. Looks like it'd fit on the fridge door shelf pretty well.

Excellent find, THANK you for sharing!! ...rig a little pouch in the front for some dry yeast as well, and you're set! I get so tired of yeast vials and packets rolling around and getting stuck under my beers and etc.

EDIT: AGH!! Shipping is ten bucks!! nevermind.... I'll look for one in the stores, maybe toysRus sells them? ... actually, I think I'll build my own from old plastic model sprues or something...thanks for the idea!

my stepdaughter has one of these. Im just waiting for her to finish the experiments that came in the vials so I can snatch it from her:ban:

EDIT: AGH!! Shipping is ten bucks!! nevermind.... I'll look for one in the stores, maybe toysRus sells them? ... actually, I think I'll build my own from old plastic model sprues or something...thanks for the idea!

Yep, I noticed that. But, I added it to the order that I had made for work so I owed work the cost plus $1 for increased shipping.

Back