Restaurants for those going to GABF.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weremichael

Reaction score
Being a semi-regular to the Denver area, I have compiled a list of some yummy restaurants for those heading to this year's GABF.

My personal favorite is Osteria Marco. It's pretty rustic Italian food. They make great homemade ricotta and mozzarella, suckling pig roast on Sundays, grilled artichokes and rocking pizza with a runny egg yoke on top. The prices are reasonable and the service is spot on. If you eat at one spot, this should be it.

For happy hour, McCormicks (I know it's a chain) is quite good. You can get a bowl of mussels and a salmon cake for under $10. The late night happy hour is great after sampling a bit too many brews. Or you could go across the street to Jax and eat some fine oysters and some pretty good fusion food.

The most recent place we groove on is the 9th Door. It's a tapas bar. So if you want to eat a bunch of small bites, it's a great place to go.

For breakfast, I love to eat at The Bagel Deli. Once in a while they'll have a Reuben omelette that might sound gross but somehow works really well.

That should get you started.

Bagel? In DENVER?!?!?!

If you're coming to the Mile High city, there's only one option for breakfast - the single food item Denver's known for - the breakfast burrito. Señor Burrito on 1st ave. serves the best all day long.

Bagel? In DENVER?!?!?!

If you're coming to the Mile High city, there's only one option for breakfast - the single food item Denver's known for - the breakfast burrito. Señor Burrito on 1st ave. serves the best all day long.

After living in Cortez, Colorado, I'll have to give them a nod for the town to be known for the breakfast burrito (Burger Boy Drive In). Sr. Burrito is pretty darn good grubbin' too (and not just for breakfast). :mug:

I was mostly trying to give places within walking distance (for those that stay near the event).

I didn't want to make this a pissing contest on burritos. I just wanted to help new visitors to Denver eat some good food.

Excellent point weremichael, but I wouldn't limit it to downtown. There's some amazing stuff just a short taxi ride away. Domo immediately comes to mind.

Other suggestions for Breakfast downtown are Snooze (incredible food but expect a wait after 8:00am) and Sam's #3 has a pretty tasty diner style breakfast with an ok breakfast burrito (similar to pete's kitchen)

+1 on Osteria Marco and of course if it is Steak you want then Capitol Grille is second to none. For Nuevo Mexican I like Tamayo also in larimer square.

+1 for the McCormicks happy hour. I could eat three orders of there fish taco's.

Back