Aging time??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunkMunky

Reaction score
So if i let my brew sit in secondary for about a month, does the aging process start there or does it still start after bottling??

Both help.

In what respect are you asking? A month in the life of a home brew isn't much. I'm drinking a number of home brews that are over a year old and are still great. These wern't high ABV ones either.

I find aging in the secondary to have more of an effect than aging in the bottle. I made the same recipe twice and an extra couple weeks in the secondary seemed to make the beer good about a month sooner.

One thing I'll add is that when I prime my bottles, I get a "young beer" flavor that lasts a week or two after it finishes carbing.

I totally agree with that grinning cat up there ^. Bulk aging seems to works better than individual bottles. I bulk age, bottle it and by the time it's carbonated it's ready to drink.

Back