STC-1000 Temperature controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasse_D

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the STC-1000 temperature controller online.
http://bit.ly/IRwhz0

I was wondering if anyone had the same device and if they could share infos and pictures on how to wire it to my fridge’s on freezer’s power supply. There’s a bit or re-wiring to be done and I want to be sure I’m putting the good wires int he good spots (not an electrician!).

Thanks.

There's hundreds of threads and plans on here.

ebay_temp_controller.jpg

Here's my wiring diagram for the STC 1000

Wiring_Diagram_copy.jpg

I used it with a brew belt last winter to ghetto lager on my GF's sunporch.

IMG_02834.jpg

Revvy,
Duct tape and plastic bags!!!! You are truly my brewing hero now. I love the low tech solution to solving problems. The Oldtimers from thousands of years ago managed to make some pretty serious brews with not much and a touch of luck. Cool "Ghetto Lager tub". The STC-1000 can be hardwired, but since I am less of an electrician than I am a brewer, i would recomend that you contact one to make sure you are safe. No since in burning your house down or electrocuting SWMBO accidently. The SWMBO may need it but thats another story entirely.
Bob

Hi,

I bought the STC-1000 temperature controller online.
http://bit.ly/IRwhz0

I was wondering if anyone had the same device and if they could share infos and pictures on how to wire it to my fridge’s on freezer’s power supply. There’s a bit or re-wiring to be done and I want to be sure I’m putting the good wires int he good spots (not an electrician!).

Thanks.

If you ordered that one it is 220v and won't work unless you have access to 220v or convert it to either 110v or remove the transformer and plug a 9vdc power supply in it's place.

There is a thread here on how to do that.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stc-100-220v-110v-easy-fix-308389/

Woah. Thanks a lot for all the infos people. Really appreciated.
I indeed bought that one. A brewer that was referred to me by a friend told me it was the thing to buy. Have no clue what 220v or 110v are though...

I’ll look into all the infos you sent me. Thanks.

Oh and I did search the forums for "STC-1000" and I hadn’t found anything?!
Anyways, thanks.

Oh. I see. Are there any 110v ebay temp controller?
Coz I’m almost afraid of converting it... doesn’t seem that simple especially for someone like me who barely understands what 220v means...

Woah. Thanks a lot for all the infos people. Really appreciated.
I indeed bought that one. A brewer that was referred to me by a friend told me it was the thing to buy. Have no clue what 220v or 110v are though...

I’ll look into all the infos you sent me. Thanks.

Your home outlet is 110v, that one needs 220v, you will have to convert it before you can use it. A friend of mine bought 4 of the same and I converted them for him and the easiest way is with a 9vdc plug in power supply.

The only drawback is you have 9vdc at the controller instead of 110v so you have to bring 110v to the relay for whatever device you are switching or use a 9vdc SSR to switch your power.

Oh. I see. Are there any 110v ebay temp controller?
Coz I’m almost afraid of converting it... doesn’t seem that simple especially for someone like me who barely understands what 220v means...

They are available on ebay, you just need to watch what you're buying...

Okay. I’m learning.
Funny thing. I re-looked at the box and operation instruction sheet I had with the STC-1000. Box says "STC-1000 110v" and operation instruction says "Power supply: 110v". I guess I can confirm they sent me a 110v by opening it and finding a 110v transformer (?) in the device? Even if I ordered a 220v. That would be quite ironic.

I bought one of these on Friday.

I am really struggling to get it working.

I am sure everything is wired correctly, but it’s not sending any power to the fridge.

It is calibrated correctly. F1 is set to 18 degrees celicus. F2 is set to 0.5 degrees. F3 is set to 3.

I can hear it making a noise and switching, but nothing happens.

Has anybody else had these kind of problems?

I bought one of these on Friday.

I am really struggling to get it working.

I am sure everything is wired correctly, but it’s not sending any power to the fridge.

It is calibrated correctly. F1 is set to 18 degrees celicus. F2 is set to 0.5 degrees. F3 is set to 3.

I can hear it making a noise and switching, but nothing happens.

Has anybody else had these kind of problems?

dont worry, i got it right...

Hate to dig up an old thread but a quick question...

does it matter whether you use stranded wire 12ga or solid wire for the wiring?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back