South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 10!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, not sure if anyone's keeping track... I think Jeff started round 1 back in January. That makes close to 23,000 lbs of grains so far this year! (maybe a tad less considering things like rice hulls, hops, etc.)

Assuming an average of 35ppg and 75% efficiency, 23,000 lbs of malt would net 12,000 gallons of 1.050 wort.

That's 387 barrels
or
2,400 corny kegs
or
5,333 cases
or
76,800 bombers
or
96,000 pints
or
128,000 bottles

Wow! Looks like someone got an "A" in math.....LOL

Kudos to Jeff for organizing these so well. We all owe him a big thanks. Here, here!

Sam, That sure is a lot of beer!

Evan, no problem at all! Look forward to many more.

All payments have been received! Just waiting on an e-check to clear(11/26).
Sending the order over to NCM tonight to have it ready when the last payment clears so we can secure a delivery date soon after.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Hey everyone, if anyone wants some Vienna malt I have a bunch and I'm willing to trade. Let me know if your interested.

What are you looking to get Rob? I may be interested but have to check my supply. For some reason I think I am low but I could be wrong.

What are you looking to get Rob? I may be interested but have to check my supply. For some reason I think I am low but I could be wrong.

I could use some higher L crystal. Really anything though. Let me know if you have an excess of anything.

Just waiting on a delivery date from NCM. They are closed on the weekend so i should have some news by Monday!

Just got off the phone with NCM.

Looks like they will be shipping this next Monday. So that means we are looking at pickup on Dec 9th.

Does that work for most of you guys?

What time is pick-up? I work til 730pm that night. If its earlier, could someone hold my stuff until I get. Off work?

If it's early in the morning I might be able to grab it, otherwise I probably won't be able to come by til Saturday without calling in some favors, if that's alright.

Anyone who needs me to grab their grain, just let me know. I am picking up and would be happy to help out any fellow home brewers. PM me if you cannot make it.

The pick up is normally scheduled for 7:15pm.

I'll PM everyone full pickup details tomorrow.

I am currently PMing the following

The delivery date has been set for Thursday, December 9th at 7:15pm!

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
(Rain will be the only cause for a change)

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see me and a pallet of grain! Once you see me and the pallet, drive through the gate on the RIGHT SIDE of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up at 7:15pm on the 9TH, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you! NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call me directly @ 856-xxx-xxxx

Cheers!

Is anyone who is picking up live near Bucks County / North East Philly / Princeton that may be able to pick up for me? Thursday may be tough for me. If some one can pick it up, I can meet you Friday night or Saturday no problem.

If anyone can pick up for me I'd appreciate it very, very much. I work second shift on Thursday down in Delaware and there's absolutely no way I can get out of it. I can will ask my dad about grabbing it but he works Thursday evenings as well. I live in Delaware county but I don't mind traveling to wherever to pick it up. I can bring by a couple homebrews for you to enjoy (i.e. tell me why they suck), I'm always looking for feedback :)

I can pick up if need. My dad lives in Audubon, right over the bridge, I can store it there if you Pa guys can't find anyone closer.

just found... and missed this group buy-exactly what I'm looking for. you think you will do it again in a few weeks?

just found... and missed this group buy-exactly what I'm looking for. you think you will do it again in a few weeks?

We usually run a new buy every month or every other month. Just keep an eye out because it will be posted on this thread when a new one starts.

Back