Setup for 70qt extreme in BeerSmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
Hello, Anyone have the setup numbers for BeerSmith when using a coleman 70qt extreme cooler with a copper manifold? I will be doing 5 gal but mainly 10 gal batches if that makes any difference or if I need to setup 2 different profiles.

I am putting the tun together and would like to try brewing with it, but Im not sure what settings to change and what numbers to change ether, I would like to batch sparge but when I try setting up a profile it always has fly sparge below my inputs and Im not sure how to get rid of it?

Im also using a 15 gal SS pot for the boil, and a 9 gal pot for strike water.

I tried searching, but couldn't find the answers.

Any help would be great ! a simple walk through would be even better, if there is such a thing as a simple walk through ?

Cheers :tank:

I use a 70 qt Coleman and batch sparge but I only do 5 gallon batches for now. If you think it'll help I'll gladly send you my equipment info when I get back to my laptop.

Nvm...got home quick.

The equipment file is attached. I have used this MLT about 5 times now and the profile seems to work well for me. You'll probably have to put your own boil kettle info in since your pot is bigger and probably has a different boil off rate. When I first read your post I didn't notice the copper manifold part. I use a stainless braid. Not sure how that will affect things.

Notice on the lauter tun deadspace I have 0.09 gallons. I calculated this by adding a known volume of water into the MLT and then measured the amount that I got out. It was actually 0.09 but the last quart of so came out very slowly and required tipping (which I do on brew day, too). When using it to lauter, my experience is similar to the water test run. If you don't want to wait you might want to adjust your deadspace on the equipment profile. That will affect your efficiency some but I don't know how much. Hope this helps!

View attachment Coleman Extreme 70 qt.bsmx

I use a 70 qt Coleman and batch sparge

Hope this helps!

I want to Thank You Ryush,

Im sure that your numbers will get me real close and I can adjust from there, I might get to try out the mash tun this weekend.

Thanks again for the help

Cheers :mug:

Back