Vegas Beer destinations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitewater

Reaction score
Going to Vegas this weekend and looking for recommendations for a good place to find a great beer or three near the strip. Ideas?

Todd English isn't TOOO far, but it's still a bit of a hike. Worth a look, plus if you can down a pint in less than 4 seconds, it's free.

You'll need the advice of a local though. If you're hell bent on a beer-tasting experience, you'll probably have to head off-strip somewhere. If you can't get a good answer before you go, just ask the cab drivers - they're pretty solid with advice.

As my business travel increases I find myself using three tools to narrow down the field.

HBT forum (as you have )
Beer Advocate
"Find Craft Beer" app for iPhone and Android

The Pub at Monte Carlo was the best I found. There is also the Burger Bar at Monterrey Bay. I hear there is a good place at the Wynn but it is probably fairly pricey. There's a couple places off the strip that name-wise allude me. There is a hofbrau beer garden a block off a strip.

There is some beer event each weekend from Thursday-Sunday at a hotel behind Bally's. I forget all the other details but you can Google them.

If you don't mind taking a 10 minute cab ride then go to The Yardhouse. More than 100 beers on tap. It's about 4 miles south of Mandalay Bay on Las Vegas Blvd., inside a shopping center called Townsquare.

A lot of people are recommending Hofbrauhaus, and I won't deter you from going there, but just realize that they only serve their own beer. So it's really only around 4 selections. Plus the prices are really high. The best bargain is to buy the beer by the liter, but it's still around 16 bucks. And a liter is only a little more than 2 pints. The atmosphere is usually really cool there, but for the beer selection and prices, I would look elsewhere.

I enjoyed my night at the Freakin' Frog. It's off strip, so a cab ride to and form is in order, but they have a pretty decent selection of beer on tap and their walk-in cooler has a better selection than the specialty beer stores around here. Take that with a grain of salt, as here in BC we have to deal with the Liquor Distribution Branch, but my point is that I had a good time and drank some good beer. They also have a whisky tasting room upstairs with an equally (if not more) impressive selection.

Back