Happy holidays to everyone at HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for the fantastic year I've had here at HBT. I've learned more in this year than all my other home brewing years combined.
I'm greatful for the fantastic people I've met here. We don't always agree on everything but in the end we all seem to respect each other and I can honestly say this forum is the best in the world.

Here's to a fantastic holiday season for everyone. May you and your friends and families have a safe and happy holiday. :mug:

And here's to 2007. May it bring happieness and lots of great home brew to you and yours. :mug:

RichBrewer said:
I just wanted to thank everyone for the fantastic year I've had here at HBT. I've learned more in this year than all my other home brewing years combined.
Echo that! Except this is my first year...so I learned everything I know about brewing this year!

Thanks, everyone, and MERRY CHRISTMAS (again!).

And for those of you getting annoyed with the preponderance of "Happy Holidays" threads...(I'm sure there's someone out there)...get into the holiday spirit and quit being such a Scrooge!

Holy crap, you just joined this year, Rich?

And I agree, this has to be the best forum I've ever come across. :mug:

Yuri_Rage said:
Echo that! Except this is my first year...so I learned everything I know about brewing this year!

Thanks, everyone, and MERRY CHRISTMAS (again!).

And for those of you getting annoyed with the preponderance of "Happy Holidays" threads...(I'm sure there's someone out there)...get into the holiday spirit and quit being such a Scrooge!

And one reason this is such a great forum is that we steer clear of the touchy topics. While you may celebrate Christmas during this time of year, not everyone does. Hence, "Happy Holidays." I'm sure that's what Rich had in mind, esp. since he's a mod for the site, and all.

Absolutely, this forum is fantastic. Thank you to all of you for your knowledge, humor and good spirits. I am continually impressed by the spirit of this forum. So, yes, happy holidays to each of you and here is to 2007. Oh the beers we will make, and the stories we will tell.

Maybe we should design a HBT Christmas beer that we could kick out in the next few months and add to the Secret Santa swap next Christmas.

Anyway, thanks for you welcome into this great group. Blessings on you and your families.

Yes, thanks everyone!

It's been a great year for brewing in my household and most of it is due to this board!!

I second, third and fourth the wonderfulness of this forum. All of you guys are so well behaved and mature beyond comprehension.

Thanks for being patient during my tumultuous days of moving to this new place. I owe many of you a sample of IOB beer but we've been so busy.

The new year will bring many nice samples of homebrew, starting with our pastor of great homebrew.

Here's to another super year.

B

P.S. Great thread Rich, as always. Cannot wait to meet you next year at the NHBC.

Brewpastor said:
Maybe we should design a HBT Christmas beer that we could kick out in the next few months and add to the Secret Santa swap next Christmas.

Start the idea bro. You make some freaking awesome brew. What do you have in mind? Let's do it.

Yes, happy holidays one and all. I have appreciated all the great friendships developed here and all the valuable information shared by all. I look forward to 2007 and I will definitely be in Denver for the NHBC!

It would be way cool if a bunch of us could get together for the conference. They have a club night. Could there be a way for us to horn in on that?

RichBrewer said:
It would be way cool if a bunch of us could get together for the conference. They have a club night. Could there be a way for us to horn in on that?

I sent TxBrew a PM on getting HBT recognized as an official club. If we can get that done before the conference, we should be in. We need to start planning a cool booth theme.

I would like to sincerely thank everyone here for making this such a great, informative, open, inviting, friendly, every-other-positive adjective place. I've learned SO much in the past year, it's not even funny. I've gone from very basic extract brews to AG that people seem to like, and no way I would have been able to learn as much as quickly without all the fine folks here. Plus, it's an absolute blast.

Best wishes to everyone this season!

Dude said:
I sent TxBrew a PM on getting HBT recognized as an official club. If we can get that done before the conference, we should be in. We need to start planning a cool booth theme.
and figure out what beers to serve.

I'd like to chime in on how much I've learned here as well. This is the best forum on the net due in no small part to the maturity and good naturedness of all who contribute. This really does feel like hanging out with a group of friends and family instead of just "reading" posts.

Happy Holidays to all. :mug:

Dude said:

Ooooh......and we could start some static with the Greenboard booth.

Ditto the great year. This has been my first full year here at HBT. When I joined I was just starting partial mashes on my stovetop. Now I've been all grain for over a year and planning all kinds of equipment upgrades! This site has been invaluable in the amount of info you guys (and gals) have provided. I have several books andd reading more all the time, but nothing beats first hand knowledge from people you trust and can have fun with. The attitude, willingness and generosity is great and I hope it continues for a long time. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and all around best holiday wishes to everyone on HBT.

:mug:

I have to agree!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah (belated) to everyone on the board! I hope Santa and the families are good to everyone this year. I know they have been to me! :D

This board is an awesome place with a fantastic group of people who really care about quality beer and supporting each other to make the best beer possible. I would be proud to be a member of a HBT brewing club!:rockin:

I also have to chime in and thank you all. I went from the Beer Machine to PM in 5 months, and now am getting ready to go AG.

I appreciate the beer advice and the knowledge you all share, but I stay around for the comaradarie. My husband jokingly calls you guys, "Lorena's imaginary friends" but I really do enjoy the friendship that's come about here. And I have the beer in the fridge that proves there are some great brewers and generous people here, too.

Best wishes for 2007, to all of you. May you and your families enjoy good health all year.

Lorena

I too would like to add my thanks to this forum. It was just blind luck that I clicked on this link after I Googled homebrewing and the rest is history. Can't wait for this new year to tune in my all grain setup and start doing 10 gal batches. If it wasn't for this place I don't think I would have every gotten the nerve to move to all grain and am all ready planning for my wifes family reuniun this summer. All the beer will be HB:D
I the words of a great big fat guy in a red suit. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

Merry Christmas & Happy Brew Year!

santa.jpg

It's been a great year getting back in the brew saddle again and this forum and you folks have been a tremendous help in my conversion to All Grain.

I'm looking forward to 2007 with new beers, 10 gallon batches, and hopefully the completion of the Brew Hut!

Cheers,

Ed

I too would like to wish everyone a "Happy and Safe Holiday". I have been brewing for over 15yrs and have learned more in the past year on this site than all the others. I would love the chance to meet up sometime.

mike

I would liek to thank everyone for your help and advice this past year. Ive progressed further than I ever expected in the first year.

Heres to all of you, and yours this holiday season. Prost!!! :mug:

And heres to next year with nothing but 10 gallon batches, brewing school, and whatever else the future holds. Prost! :mug:

Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas gang. I have learned so much this past year from everyone here and thoroughly enjoy spending my time with you all. You have given me a year of education, amusement and pure joy. IMHO this is hands down the best community out there, and I'm grateful to be a part of it. Individually we all are small parts of the whole, but what a whole we make. :drunk: :D

Friends, All The Best.:mug:

Ize

Happy Holidays to everyone! Thanks to all who have helped me out over the last 11+ months. Hopefully some of those who haven't been around in a while can join us again in 2007. :mug:

You can have my share of the snow. It's been one weird weather year out here.

Imaginary friends works for me. I've seen a couple articles saying many people consider their online friends as important or more important than their locals.

I say (take your pick)!

Back