bought a bunch of beers today here is a pic of what i got

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opherman47

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
got a little carried away at the beer store today..... after reading olllllo post https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/remember-when-we-used-talk-about-beer-72021/

i was inspired to do a special post for yooper and olllllllo ....... here is a pic of the beers i bought, i havent tried the wells bombardier, the xingu black lager, or the black sheep, should be a good time though for sure....

Cheers!!!

DSC07039.jpg

There's some great beers in there!

The Jolly Scot is a good 80/-, but even better when the brewery is serving it on the beer engine! :rockin:

I detect a trend. You like the English/Scottish beers, no?

Damn, that is one fine selection of U.K beer goodness!

I especially love the ESB, Black Sheep, and Belhaven.

:mug:

Veddy, veddy nice. I am jealous.

My wife came home with a 'surprise.' Alas, it was a Sam 12-pack with Black Lager, Scottish Ale, Honey Porter, etc. Bless her heart, she tried.:eek:

It was on sale at Stop & Shop. She can't resist a sale of any sort. I suspect she attempted to surprise me after spending 2 hours at Talbot's. I felt my wallet shivering in my pocket. Unfortunately, I can't say anything 'cause she's the breadwinner.

The 120 is so expensive, but I really want to try it.

And how about that Rogue?

I've been meaning to pick one of those up.

Enjoy your cornucopia of beer!

:mug:

Great stuff. The Fullers, Xingu, Belhaven, and Dogfish Head are some of my favorites....haven't tried the rest though.

I've tried the Bombardier, Fullers ESB and just the other day the Belhaven...not a real big fan of that..."flavor?" I don't know if it is the malt that's used, the yeast strains or the hops...or all together, but there is something about that taste...not a fan.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade...just my .02

Please don't judge too harshly.

So how did I do this evening?

DSCN1881.jpg

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Let me know how that "Arrogant Bastard" goes..I saw it tonight as well but DFH gets top billing from me right now as it is a proven commodity.

I love Rogue brewing... I became a member of the Rogue Nation and received my citizenship card in the mail with some other swag.

LONG LIVE THE ROGUES!

I brewed the Dead Guy Ale on Saturday, tried it then as well. It's good but not as good as DFH

I hear Stone Ruination is awesome though..did not see it tonight but saw a few other Stone brews.

Where can I get a DFH 120? It is available in Januray per the DFH website but cannot find it. What gives? :mad:

So how did I do this evening?

DSCN1881.jpg

Let me know how that "Arrogant Bastard" goes..I saw it tonight as well but DFH gets top billing from me right now as it is a proven commodity.

Your killin me with this...I still have yet to report back to you about the DFH...Darn You!!! Now I really, REALLY have to get me some...soon...just got paid too :tank:

I love Rogue brewing... I became a member of the Rogue Nation and received my citizenship card in the mail with some other swag.

LONG LIVE THE ROGUES!

I'm going to have to go on thier site to see about signing up...if it's on there...love free swag! Oh yeah...and their beer too!! :cross:

Yum to all the pics. We're lucky enough to have some good beer stores in my area, and we imported a bunch from a couple roadtrips for a night of smoked pork and sampling a few weekends ago...

after.jpg

It was a good night.

Yeah, that Ballast Point Big Eye rocks!! Our HBC got a keg of it for our annual picnic...wow, it was phenominal(also, had it on cask!!). As far as those DFH 60 and 90 Minutes....I would mix them to get a 75, brings out the best in both and is a better beer, IMO.

I really like Black Sheep....had it for the first time about a year ago in Manchester, UK. I was thrilled to find it in a couple of local bars and grocery stores.

Your killin me with this...I still have yet to report back to you about the DFH...Darn You!!! Now I really, REALLY have to get me some...soon...just got paid too :tank:

I'm going to have to go on thier site to see about signing up...if it's on there...love free swag! Oh yeah...and their beer too!! :cross:

I can't help it, i'm telling you straight up that DFH 60 & 90 are two fo the best beers I have ever had in my life. I will forever be a slave to these brews. I already brewed a DFH 60 clone and I have got to start another STAT!

i like them, but i like a ton of beers, i was just feelin those beers today

I feel you on this. I tend to binge buy particular style/origins. Before X'mas I bought a ton of Belgians. After New Years I bought a bunch of Saisons. Then a bunch of Holiday ales, and a bunch of IPAs.

I guess we like doing horizontal tastings?

yah i got to say after trying a bunch of these beers, im not a big fan of the black sheep or the xingu, of course arrogant bastard is great. the 120 is readily available in nashville, its ok.... my buddy carl loves it, i like the 90 min better, fullers is good but this batch seemed to lack a bit..... who knows im tracking the guy who said there was some lack..... great chattin here

2mr8f1d.jpg

here's my fridge a couple days ago. I had some Rogue american amber and dogfish head 60 and 90, but somehow they didn't make it into the picture.

i love being able to get great lakes at any gas station/grocery sore/convenience store... hehehe

Man I wish I wasn't broke.

All this beer is making me cry. This thread made me break down and
buy a 6 of Great Divide DPA last night.

But I found a STELLAR new liquor store!

Prost!

Looks like you have been traipsing around PA/DE/MD, eh?

:rockin:

Correct. We went to Baltimore, and a friend was in central PA & VA.
We ended up buying a case of the Brewer's Art Resurrection Ale.. I can't get enough of that stuff.

I really like the DFH's, but the 120 is a bit over the top for me (price and taste). The biggest surprise of that night for me was the Morimoto Black Soba ale. I wasn't expecting that at all.

We have a couple really good beer stores in Rochester, and Great Lakes just got distro out here last fall. I reallllllly need to step-up my brewing because my garage is actually filling with empties and my wallet has moths flying out of it..

I love Brewer's art.

Next time you're in Baltimore, stop by Max's in Fells.
They have over 200 beers on tap/bottles and a nice
sheet breaking down the style and %

Plus they have freezing cold metal discs in the bar to
rest your beer on so they stay cold!

Is that XS Old Crustacean Barleywine.
What to try that, but dont know anyone who has tried and it is not cheap.

I really enjoy Old Crustacean! It's considered to be an American barleywine, but I find it has more in common with English barleywines to my palate- lots of sweet caramel and toffee, prominent alcoholic notes, an almost syrupy viscous mouthfeel. It is firmly bitter and very hop-forward, but the malts and brown-sugar flavors really shine through.

I savored a bottle of 2007 the other night that was just exceptional.

To the OP, lay that bottle of Old Crustacean down for a year and you will be treated with a really wonderful barleywine as the aggressive hops and alcohol mellows.

Latest posts

Back