Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic tastes like ****

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
They have no right calling it Lambic. They should just call it sweet, slightly alcoholic, red, sparkling crap. There isn't a damned thing Lambic, beerlike or worth putting their name on it.

524900480_f97cfb4eb4_o.gif

first time i tried it i liked it. must be something i ate/drank before it because i went to drink one again a few days ago and it was awful. i now agree with your opinion!

Am I the only one who thinks their Cherry Wheat tastes like cough syrup and bud light (crap), as well?

i am a fan of the cherry wheat. maybe its because i spent a lot of year as a bug light fan until i learned what real beer is, hahaha! i guess im one of the odd balls here, i like wheat beer and i like cherries so the combination works for me.

I've always liked the Cherry Wheat. Not a big fan of the cranberry Lambic though, and I have a couple of those left from a winter variety pack still in the fridge.

I've always liked the Cherry Wheat. Not a big fan of the cranberry Lambic though, and I have a couple of those left from a winter variety pack still in the fridge.

i have one left, every other beer in the pack was ok but that one will probably find its way down the drain. at least its another bottle for my american wheat!

Read the side of the Lambic...it has MAPLE SYRUP! What is that?!

I jokingly told my friend that the bearded dude from the commericals must have come in drunk one day and slurred "I don't care what kind of beer this is...it needs some freakin syrup!"

In all likelihood they knew the average drinker doesn't want a beer as sour as a lambic and came up with the sweetest thing they could find to balance it out, too bad maple syrup has no place in a lambic!

I have a couple of Cranberry Lambics left in my fridge from LAST years holiday pack. I have no idea why I have not tossed them...just something about throwing away <ahem> good </ahem> beer. The cherry wheat is pretty vile also, but I think there is only 1 of those left...must have pawned one off on some unlucky soul.

Cranberry Lambic is the reason I stopped buying the Sam Adams winter sampler pack. I like all the other beers, but hate paying for a 12 pack when I know the Lambic will be thrown away.

If you are listening Jim Koch, DITCH THE CRANBERRY LAMBIC FROM THE WINTER SAMPLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lost my business to your cross town rival, Harpoon. :)

I made the mistake of going to Costco and picking up the 24 pack holiday sampler which has four of each flavor. What the hell am I going to do with the other three?

Sour beer = Good. Sweet unbalanced beer = crap

I know they are trying to reach the remainder of the beer world just like the White Zin people who don't drink any other wine. Bah humbug!

Bury them in a rubber lined enclosure with a maximal
thickness of concrete in every direction.

The only sour beer I've ever had tasted like vomit. It
totally turned me off to the concept.

Dogfish head Festina Peche.

Cranberry Lambic is the reason I stopped buying the Sam Adams winter sampler pack. I like all the other beers, but hate paying for a 12 pack when I know the Lambic will be thrown away.

If you are listening Jim Koch, DITCH THE CRANBERRY LAMBIC FROM THE WINTER SAMPLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lost my business to your cross town rival, Harpoon. :)

:rockin:

even though cross town rival is a stretch since boston beer doesnt brew any beer in boston except for r&d batches and small batch brews like utopia:mug:

:rockin:

even though cross town rival is a stretch since boston beer doesnt brew any beer in boston except for r&d batches and small batch brews like utopia:mug:

SA's 10k statement shows them as a Boston based company, good enough for me. :p

I started off not enjoying the Lambic but I quite like them now. I brewed a saison that did not quite dry out and remained a little sweet. This beer tastes just like it only with a cranberry twist.

And the Old fezwig ale is the best one in the pack. I buy a sampler every year just to get them.

No, really I have had some great beers from Boston Beer Company like their Black Lager, Hefeweizen, Old Fezziwig, etc

They brew a lot of good beers and do a ton of work for the homebrewing community so I could never flame them completely even if they are a rival and I would rather drink water than Boston Lager at a bar (but thats more because I want to do my part to increase our sales numbers and decrease theirs ;) ), I just think the problem is that the Cranberry Lambic is SO BAD and doesn't come close to a real beer in the lambic style...

Just my .02

I agree.......fake cherry/cough syrup, gross!

Yup, totally agreed. There are some good Sam Adams beers (Oktoberfest, Pale Ale, Black Lager), but much of their stuff is terrible to mediocre. I'll drink a 12-pack of Bud Light over even smelling the Cherry Wheat any day of the week.

Had the hefeweiss last night and practically gagged...proving that everyone's tastes are different! Recently had a Stone IPA and DID gag..like fermented hops. SO, who am I to judge another's taste?

wow there's a lot of belgian beer haters in here. that's sorta scary. (not that I'm saying Sam Adams makes authentic belgian beer, but the topic seems to have devolved into that).

wow there's a lot of belgian beer haters in here. that's sorta scary. (not that I'm saying Sam Adams makes authentic belgian beer, but the topic seems to have devolved into that).

i wholeheartedly disagree. i think the thread is basically saying that sam adams calling their cranberry mess a lambic is disrespectful to the entire city of brussels:mad:

if you look at our sigs youll see that quite a few people are brewing wits, saisons, tripels, etc

I like some SA's but i agree that they don't follow styles.For instance I enjoy their hefeweizen,But it tastes nothing even close to a hefe.They should just call it Wheat with ale yeast.Of course i guess that doesn't sound as good.I guess for non HB's it is still a good beer.Of course my hefe brewed in a plastic bucket blows it out of the water:rockin:

My wife actually likes the cranberry lambic. Perhaps I should pick up a cherry wheat for her. I poured it down the drain as she won't drink more than a sip of beer.

Back