Mississippi Roll Call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking in from the coast (as my name would imply). Looking for others in the area. Started brewing in San Diego a couple of years ago and now retired back on the coast. Looking forward to Tops of the Hops

Checking in from the coast (as my name would imply). Looking for others in the area. Started brewing in San Diego a couple of years ago and now retired back on the coast. Looking forward to Tops of the Hops

Send me a message and I'll try to send you some contact info.

Just curious, what are you doing in Guatemala?

Living, sailing, traveling, brewing beer.

Live on the Rio Dulce (beautiful place, Google it). Sailed in here for the first time in 2005. Have had my shore based home base here since 2006.

The weather here around August/Sept sometimes reminds me of lowlands around the Mississippi River....hot a humid...temp 95F, humidity 95%. Usually more pleasant than that, but still hot a humid during the day. Quite nice right now.

Well, just brewed my third batch and I'm loving it more and more. I can see getting addicted to this ;)

I also have to give a heartfelt nod to BrewHaha...I love that store and the owner has been extremely kind and very helpful. I just wish I lived closer so I could go more often.

Also hoping to try growing hops next spring...we'll see how that goes.

Well, just brewed my third batch and I'm loving it more and more. I can see getting addicted to this ;)

I also have to give a heartfelt nod to BrewHaha...I love that store and the owner has been extremely kind and very helpful. I just wish I lived closer so I could go more often.

Also hoping to try growing hops next spring...we'll see how that goes.

Yeah Mac at Brewhaha rocks! I try to go by and see him once a week. Probably going today haha. He's great to talk to about anything.

It's definitely addicting and a fun hobby.

I will have to agree. Mac has been brewing for a long time and also has been to Brew school in Chicago. He has been a wealth of information for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Im a newbie from Pass Christian MS down on the Gulf Coast.
Looking to join some local brewing clubs to be able to learn more about the process and to prevent too many mishaps.

I will have to agree. Mac has been brewing for a long time and also has been to Brew school in Chicago. He has been a wealth of information for me.

Really? That must have been pretty cool! I hope to go there tomorrow, since I have to be in Jackson anyway and there are a few small things I need to purchase for brewing this weekend.

Any brewers in Simpson County that might like to meet up, maybe swap knowledge and beers? I'd sure like to expand my horizons, maybe make some new friends.

Actually made my first trip to visit Mac a couple of weeks ago while I was in Jackson meeting up with a friend to get some hops that got left in Atlanta :(

Stopped in and bought several vials of yeast and stood and talked to Mac for quite a while. Unfortunately I live in H'burg and it is easier/shorter for me to drive to the brew shop in mobile than it is to go to Jackson.

Just went down there yesterday to pick up some more Grains for the weekend brewfest. Very nice guy down there as well, can never remember his name though :(

I'm new to the forum and new to the home brew scene. Actually, just making wine at the moment. Would love to get into brewing beer soon. I'm from Wiggins btw.

Welcome to the forum. Im from the West Point area. There are a great bunch of guys here on HBT. Congratulations on entering the best hobby in the world.

I'm new to the forum and new to the home brew scene. Actually, just making wine at the moment. Would love to get into brewing beer soon. I'm from Wiggins btw.

Welcome! It's a fun hobby/addiction! I'm in Rankin county outside of Flowood at the moment. But looking to move soon.

I've been brewing almost 3 years. I started with a Mr. Beer kit and moved up to all-grain.
How about you?

I brewed for about 3 years around 10 years ago and just got back into the hobby about a month ago. Just doing extract right now and going to start partial mash this weekend.

It went well. Still sitting in the secondary right now. I went all grain this last weekend and thing I am going to stick with for a while. Was a French Saison recipe, so i am looking forward to tasting it.

I bottled my american brown ale last night . It should be ready to drink in about 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back