Brewing Clubs in NW Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Foam Rangers - Meet at Defalcos Homebrew Shop, which is on the south west corner of 610, once a month. They host a big homebrew competition call the Dixie Cup in October every year. Younger club, rowdy meetings.

Umm, Foam Rangers have been around since 1981. Not sure what ya call young.

Also, Dixie Cup XXX is this year (That's 30 years old) ..... come out if you dare. :)

Speakers:
Chris White from White Labs
Geoff Larson, founder of Alaskan Brewing Co
John Palmer (wrote a few books like "How to Brew", and his new book, "Water: A Comprehensive Guide for Brewers"

Also, Randy Mosher will host the Fred Tasting.

Oct 17-19, Crown Plaza NW
http://dixiecup.foamrangers.com/

I'd be interested in meeting up in the Cy-Fair / Tomball area.

Has there been any progress in getting the Cy-Fairmenters going?

I might mention that if anyone would like they could use my rig if its open, just supply your own propane and clean up when your done. I only brew maybe once a month sometimes twice.

This is a partial tangent, but I've been thinking I would like to put together a Christian homebrew club. But the idea is to have a group of folks that are Christian homebrewers and homebrewers who are interested in brewing with some Christians.

Moderation will be a core value. Another core value will be open and honest conversation about our faith, doubts and how we live it.

I'll start another thread, so I don't hijack this one.

Let me know if you're in northwest Houston / Cypress / Tomball and you'd be interested in starting a Christian homebrew club.

Moderation is the key with most of my beers. I limit myself to 2. While my old Baptist preacher would not agree with me as long as you dont overindulge I dont see a problem. Funny that monasteries have the best beer.

i live in cypress and went to the first couple of meetings the Cy-fair club had. My moderation has always depended on how good the beer is.

Ive got two kegs of maibock and one blonde. The fridge I was running them out of finally quit on me yesterday so I had to stick them in my kitchen fridge. Im gonna try and empty one this weekend.

I am going to brew my version of Yoopers fizzy yellow beer this weekend. I added a little more hops and using lager yeast. Last time it came out great!

Where do y'all get your propane and CO2 filled?

I saw the thread saying Katy Butane/Propane, Defalcos, Beverage Barn and Texas Homebrewers.

Anything closer to Cypress/Tomball?

I get my propane at circle s hardware on 2978. My co2 I get at professional welding in Tomball on main street. Home depot rips you off, they only put 15# in the 29# tanks.

Thanks. Good to know about Professional Welding in Tomball.

I found another place called Technical Alloy & Industrial Gas near 249 & Beltway. CO2 and propane at good prices.

I got my keezer / fermentation chamber in working condition. I have a few tweaks I want to make but she'll get the job done now. I'll try to put up a post about my build this week.

Just saw a new homebrew shop opened in NW Houston/Tomball/Cypress area: Cypress Grape and Grain. I haven't been yet, but just wanted to give the heads up.

Sorry to reply so late, but I'm sure this is still a relevant thread.

I wasnt aware of the Pro Welding in Tomball. I'm up that way quite frequently. I'll have to check them out. Where abouts are they? I have been going to the Professional Welding on Britmore between Clay and 10. Love them. Great service.

Be careful filling co2 at LHBS. Most are not equipped to fill them fully. Because Co2 is stored as a liquid it must be filled by weight not psi. A full 5# tank should weigh roughly 13 pounds depending on its tare weight.

Professional welding in tomball is on 2920 east of Downtown on the south side of the road. Great guy - be sure to tell him you're filling for beer, and if you really want to make him happy, bring him a bottle. Fantastic service and cheaper than anywhere else i've been.

Just saw a new homebrew shop opened in NW Houston/Tomball/Cypress area: Cypress Grape and Grain. I haven't been yet, but just wanted to give the heads up.

Grape and Grain on 45? I didn't think it was open yet. I'll have to check it out, I go to Brew-It-Yourself every 2 weeks like clockwork for my next batch.

Cypress Grape & Grain is actually on 249 in Tomball.

It's a small place. The guy says he's planning to add more. I think he recently added more grains and a mill.

Yes he has, I stopped by and suggested a few things, he still sells the pre-sealed muntons bags amd hasn't upgraded to bulk yet

Would be interested as well, I live in tomball right where it intersects with the woodlands and spring

Just moved (back) to Heights from Wisconsin, been brewing for over a year, done AG but currently using extract apartment setup. I'm interested in meeting up, Foam Rangers on southside is a haul. Seems like there are several of us in Heights-area.

Kuykendahl Gran Brewers, Bay Area Mashtronauts. Those are a couple I can think of. I do my ag brewing upstairs in a 4bdr house my wife, 3kids, and I share with the in-laws so I feel ya on space

Latest posts

Back