Meat Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinb

Reaction score
I went to a local Nano brew today that just opened recently. They have something on tap called pig head porter. It tasted great, a little smokey, almost had a bacon aftertaste. Turns out there was a reason for it. It was made with a pig head! Crazy, but good.

There's those guys in Colorado doing a Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout. Whatever floats your boat

I hope Pigs Ass Porter from Harvest Moon Brewing Co. in Montana isn't covering the other end of the pig

This had an actauls pigs head. I felt bad for one women. She is vegan and didn't notice the name. She was NOT happy when sho found out later.

Mmmm... I want to make some bacon beer now. Maybe dry hop the lean parts, fry 'em crispy and break the lean parts up into bits. Put the bits into a dry hop bag, yum.

There are 100's of threads on here about making bacon beer, and even porkfelwein. And there's "meat beer" threads in the similar threads box below.

You can also infuse bourbon with bacon as I show in this thread, and add that to the beer, for example to make a bacon bourbon stout. The process removes all the fat from the bourbon....even more points if you cure your own bacon...extra credit if you make it a maple bacon bourbon. ;)

But never infuse bacon with bourbon especially if Uncle Bubba distilled it.

Yummm.. flammable bacon. I can just see it now. Heat up the old cast iron skillet, throw on the bacon and a few minutes later wonder what happened to your eyebrows.

Yummm.. flammable bacon. I can just see it now. Heat up the old cast iron skillet, throw on the bacon and a few minutes later wonder what happened to your eyebrows.

I did something like that today. I took some of the bacon I had soaked in the bourbon, and chopped it up and tossed it in a pan of olive oil to use for making greens, and boy did that stuff snap crackle and pop and even fly out of the pan, but man did it make for some tasty greens and pot likker.

I did something like that today. I took some of the bacon I had soaked in the bourbon, and chopped it up and tossed it in a pan of olive oil to use for making greens, and boy did that stuff snap crackle and pop and even fly out of the pan, but man did it make for some tasty greens and pot likker.

All the more reason to never cook bacon while naked. Of all the things to never do naked, frying bacon takes the lead. Ouch!!

Jacks Abby out of Framingham MA has "fire in the ham" rauchbier. Veg friendly since it doesn't have any actual meat... but it tastes exactly like you're drinking a pig.

Pig's Ass Beer.........

Sort of a catchy name.

gratus fermentatio said:
Nope, but think about it: what's 1 of the best parts of a pig? The hams, what is ham? The pig's ass. :Regards, GF.

Haha flawless logic sir, I stand corrected.

Latest posts

Back