So I'm getting back into it..northernbrewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
Due to work, living situation, and coaching obligations (basketball and football), I have decided that on March 9, I will officially be opening my home brewery again. But this time with a co-worker.

I opened up some old files on the computer today and I am very happy that I kept accurate and detailed notes and information. I will be heading up to a local home brew supply store in the next couple of weeks to check out what they got.

My worry is that they won't have the variety of supplies that I was accustomed to in Asheville NC (I now live in the south suburbs of Chicago).

So my question, how much luck you have you all had with Northernbrewer? My only worry is leaving the package outside for a few hours before I get home from work. Having it sent to work is out of the question as I am a teacher and administrators would definitely frown upon it.

I order from NB all the time and they are great. Everything is packed well and shipped quickly. Probably one of the best bets when you're in the midwest.

Im a big fan of Northern Brewer. My lhbs is a total joke amd the next best place is 2 hours away. Its worth the order for me. NB customer service is some of the best out there!

I've only had one problem with Norther Brewer where they sent my shipment to someone else, otherwise they've been fantastic. Once I inquired about my shipment, they quickly realized their error and got a replacement out.

My inlaws told me about a homebrew shop in Homewood that just opened, Grapes to Grain. Haven't been there yet, so I can't say what they might have. I've shopped at Brew & Grow near I-55 and Hwy 53 several times. They have a good selection, but it's not nearly as much as Northern or Midwest.

Both NB & Midwest in MN are bothe the best to deal with,imo. Great customer service,fast shipping,& good quality. They have more malts & stuff nowadays too.

Both Northern Brewer and Midwest Supply are great if you don't have a good local store. I used them extensively until my LHBS opened up about eight months ago.

Thanks for the info. I am also wanting to get a burner for outside are those easy to find? My wife wants me to do the boil outside as we just bought a new house.

Any suggestions for recipes that aren't to difficult? I am wanting to do a Zombiedust clone w/ specialty grain. My goal is to go AG sometime next year.

Get a turkey fryer set up. Inexpensive and very workable.

If you are worried about your packages being stolen, you can request your packages being held at delivery location to pick up. Then pick up on your way home.

You may want to check out More Beer.com too. I've been using them for nearly a year and have been quite happy with them.

I used to support my LHBS until they grossly overcharged on an order to ship and couldn't get the price fixed correctly.

That prompted me to look elsewhere, and of the few places I checked out More Beer had better prices and free shipping if you spent some coin ($59+).

Northern Brewer is great...! Awesome customer support and brewing tv is fun to watch. All there kits are good and individual pricing is very competitive. There selection and freshness is one of the main reasons I use them. Stock turn over is really important, they have lots of turn over. Always support local if you can! I go to the farmers market every week but like my LHBS some times you can't get everything you need.

I like NB a lot but i also visit local stores, we have bevart on the southside (101 and western) and there is few brew and grow location in the city and on the north side, check them out if you nearby

Latest posts

Back