Space Heaters for Fermentation Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
Where I'm from its ussually cold. I need a good space heater to keep my fermentatino room heated. The space heater I currently use gets 15 degrees within range (when I'm lucky).

Anyone know of a good solution, or a brand of space heater I can dial in a temp and it stays atleast 5 degrees in that range, constantly? I try to keep costs in mind

Thanks in Advanced

digdan said:
Where I'm from its ussually cold. I need a good space heater to keep my fermentatino room heated. The space heater I currently use gets 15 degrees within range (when I'm lucky).

Anyone know of a good solution, or a brand of space heater I can dial in a temp and it stays atleast 5 degrees in that range, constantly? I try to keep costs in mind

Thanks in Advanced

I use a space heater as well. It's just one of those $25 cheapo ceramic space heaters from Lowe's. My brew closet is really tiny so it keeps the closet within 2-3 degrees at all times (I'm always impressed at how constant the temp is though my apartement temp fluctuates a lot).

If the heater isn't doing a great job holding temp in a room, could you find a small closet to do your fermenting in?

I use an old slop sink in the basement and Cover it with a blanket.

With a little experimenting with 3,7,10 watt bulbs you have a very
inexpensive incubator to operate.

I also use a ceramic space heater in my office room in the house. I keep a therm. in there to adjust the temp as needed based on the light that the room gets and so forth. During the summer I won't need it, but I have been using it for the spring, fall and winter months and it has worked out great. I got it at Wallgreens for like $29 or there abouts. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back