Oktoberfest Festivals 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
Anyone have an Oktoberfest coming up soon in your area?

Ours is the weekend of Sept 23,24,25 here in Columbus, OH.

They ususally have Warsteiner -- which is OK.
Just wish they had more to choose from.

I guess it depends on who is sponsoring it.

I've got Oaktoberfest happening this weekend (9-16/17). They have the following brews/breweries to choose from:

Blue Moon
Southern Tier
Sam Adams
Magic Hat
Leinenkugel's
New Belgium
Chicago Beer Company
Sierra Nevada
Argus
Crispin
Abita

With the live music and food, it should be a great time.

Ace_Club said:
I've got Oaktoberfest happening this weekend (9-16/17). They have the following brews/breweries to choose from:

Blue Moon
Southern Tier
Sam Adams
Magic Hat
Leinenkugel's
New Belgium
Chicago Beer Company
Sierra Nevada
Argus
Crispin
Abita

With the live music and food, it should be a great time.

Nice selections of beers!!
One of our sponsors is a beer distributor-- this is the reason we don't have a very good selection.

They might Hofbrau also-- which is pretty decent. Their Oktoberfest and Dunkel are very good.

Im going to the Addison Oktoberfest this weekend. It was ranked in the top 10 Oktoberfest celebrations in the nation.

Stoudt's Oktoberfest is coming up, but I think I might skip that and attend their 20th annual Micro Fest, depending on what breweries are going to be there.

Speaking of which, anyone have any idea of who's going to be there? It's only a month away, and still no confirmed brewery list...

Looking very much forward to Charlotte Oktoberfest on Oct 8th!

www.charlotteoktoberfest.com

Missed it last year, much to my dismay...
We have a pretty impressive line up of breweries already, and if prior years are any indication, the homebrewers' selections will put the commercials to shame, and steal the show (at least for me...)

If anybody local is planning on going, get your tickets early, and FWIW, the premium ticket is WELL worth the extra $$$!

Sept 27- Oct 2 here in Ottumwa Iowa. We don't usually have "good beer" at ours since it is usually sponsored by AB in town. We do have a new micro that opened up this year so maybe they will have something to show off!

Octoberfest in Dallas is on October 1st. Dallas, Wisconsin, that is. Partake of the worlds longest bratwurst, see beer kegs catapulted, watch the Kubb tournament, have some lefse. Ya, it's Octoberfest with a Scandinavian twist, dontcha know.
Featuring beer from Viking Brewing, and take a tour of the brewery too.

Viking Brewing Company

Im going to the Addison Oktoberfest this weekend. It was ranked in the top 10 Oktoberfest celebrations in the nation.

I've gone to Addison Oktoberfest for the last few years and it usually results in a good time. Personally, I just like being able to legally drink in a public park. And strudel, there must be strudel involved!

Looking very much forward to Charlotte Oktoberfest on Oct 8th!

www.charlotteoktoberfest.com

Missed it last year, much to my dismay...
We have a pretty impressive line up of breweries already, and if prior years are any indication, the homebrewers' selections will put the commercials to shame, and steal the show (at least for me...)

If anybody local is planning on going, get your tickets early, and FWIW, the premium ticket is WELL worth the extra $$$!

The Palmetto State Brewers will have a very good showing this year. I'm bringing a Dampfbier and an Oktoberfest! :D

M_C

Just a heads up for those cheapskates out there like me - tonight is free admission to the Addison O-fest, I'll be there when the gate opens at 6.

Highlands Ranch, CO is having theirs next Saturday (Sept 24th). They are suppose to have Paulaner so should be good. It's stumbling distance from the house, so that will make it better :)

Been looking forward to it all year, especially with cooler weather finally starting to set in. We'll be there Saturday. Sausage, pork and beautiful imports = happy time!

Officially sponsored mini oktoberfest in Frankenmuth, MI this upcoming weekend... unfortunately I didn't reserve a hotel room many months ago, so I'm not going to make the festival. I'm not driving away from it after having what I'm sure would be copious amounts of beer.

Carlsbad, CA is doing it on October 1st at a park down the street from me. Its a fun time but they only sell Becks (Go figure) so its def not geared towards the beer but more for the food and music. Still a fun time though. I will probably go with the fam and have a few coldies and eat some braut's.

There will be an Oktoberfest and Homebrew Challenge on October 22, 2011 @ Thunder Canyon Brewery in Tucson, AZ. All proceeds go to charity. The winning beer of the Homebrew Challenge will be put on a guest tap at Thunder Canyon Brewery with all sales of that beer going to charity. The event is being put on by the union for the Northwest Tucson Firefighters. All for charity; $20 in advance, $25 the day of. Most of the other beer festivals in Southern Arizona run 2-3 times this. This is definitely a bargain and for a good cause. In addition to home brew, there will also be several micro breweries dispensing beer. It looks like they are going to have several very good breweries on tap (Firestone Walker, Alaskan Brewing, Four Peaks, Left Hand, Ska, New Belgium, Big Sky, San Tan, Ballast Point, Breckenridge, Thunder Canyon, Barrio, just to name a few). Live music and food as well.

I will have six beers on tap at this event and they are 6 of my best beers to date. I will be serving a Munich Helles, Oktoberfest, Oatmeal Stout, American Amber, English IPA, and American Wheat. It is going to be hard to give all of this beer away.

If I were in AZ I would totally help. I like helping to get rid of good beer.

Back