Little Joe's Cream Soda Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SafariBob

Reaction score
Primary
  • 15 lbs Clover Honey
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 5 tsp yeast nutrient
  • 1 Vial WLP 720
  • Water to 5 gal

Secondary
  • Gnome Cream Soda Extract

Bottling
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water

Steps
Heat 2 qts water until steaming. Add honey to soften. Add nutrient to carboy and pour must on top. Add lemon juice and water to 5 gal. Add yeast.

When fermentation stops, rack on to cream soda extract. Let clear.

When bottling, boil 1 cup of water and add 3/4 cup sugar. Pour sugar solution into bottling bucket/carboy. Rack onto sugar solution and bottle. Let it sit for 3 weeks to carbonate.

" Gnome Soda Extracts are by far the highest quality, best tasting extracts we have found. The root beer is creamy and rich, and the vanilla cream is just like the cream soda you used to get at the old soda fountain! Each pouch contains enough extract to make 5 gallons of soda. You also need champagne yeast, PET bottles, and sugar to make these extracts. "

I found this as the description, but if this is for making soda why did the company say you need Champagne yeast?
maybe someone at website was also thinking of making a mead and wanted bubbles. :drunk:

Vansaar said:
" Gnome Soda Extracts are by far the highest quality, best tasting extracts we have found. The root beer is creamy and rich, and the vanilla cream is just like the cream soda you used to get at the old soda fountain! Each pouch contains enough extract to make 5 gallons of soda. You also need champagne yeast, PET bottles, and sugar to make these extracts. "

I found this as the description, but if this is for making soda why did the company say you need Champagne yeast?
maybe someone at website was also thinking of making a mead and wanted bubbles. :drunk:

You use the yeast to carbonate soda by letting it ferment a very small amount of sugar then cold crashing it

Ahh I thought it was done with CO2 cartridges. But maybe that is just the sodastream I've been seeing.

Back