Stainless tubing fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow

Reaction score
Gonna try and build a jockey box and want to put some ball lock fittings on derrins' Sanke fermenter conversion. I have a SS coil (just the tubing) 3/8" and the Sanke has 3/8" and 1/2" tubing I would like to get 1/4NPT all the way around. Are compression fittings the best route or those push-to-connect fittings?

I would go with the compression fittings. But to be honest I have never used the push in one's. I have only seen them at Home Depot.

Just an opinion from someone that has used compression fittings for years.

Curious what others think......

cool, compression appears to be cheaper (so I got that going for me......which is nice). I have been looking at the Parker A-Lok SS fittings. They all go to NPT. How do you then go to a corny post (1/4 MFL)?

I use a lot of SS flareless tube fittings at work. We normally use Swagelock, there is still some Hoke floating around and a little bit of Parker. I personally prefer Swagelock, plus the ferrules and coupling nuts are interchangeable with Hoke Gyrolock fittings.

After they were torqued onto the tube, I have seen Swagelock fittings hold a few hundred pounds of pressure without leaking when they were only hand tightened. Once they are tightened all the way, correctly, I have never seen one leak. And we use them in some applications over 3000lbs.

Back