Blower Fan for Exhaust Hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbader

Reaction score
I am in the midst of figuring out how I want to go about exhausting my electric boil kettle and came across this fan and was wondering if anyone else was using something this simple (with the addition of a hood) to exhaust properly - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YFADW8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 Fan.jpg. Seems like a pretty cheap alternative. Let me know your thoughts. THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be fine. I just put in a 220 cfm and it works perfectly. Sucks up all of the steam. 240 should work great

CFM isnt the problem.

When you open the box and look at the actual instructions, you will see that the fan cannot be used in wet environments such as cooking. I was really annoyed that it doesnt say anything about this on the outside if the box...returned it in disgust and then bought a stove hood with fan and light on craigslist for $15...works like a champ!

Back