Green GROLSCH Beer Bottle 390 bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckCollins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
have the chance to buy 390 Green GROLSCH Beer Bottle plus some odds
and ends brewing Equipment for about $300.00 our they worth the money
they are in very good condition.

if you are dead set on getting flip tops then yes, that is a decent price. but I agree with jammin though, you could easily get two kegs, co2 tank, and all the fixings for 300 bucks. less if you craigslist it.

I just bought 120 @ $.50 a piece. Depending on the odds and ends brewing equiptment it may be worth it to try a little negotiating.

If you compare to the price of flip tops from LHBS then yes its a good deal but its still $0.80 per empty bottle, i would rather buy bottles with beer in it for not much more

If you compare to the price of flip tops from LHBS then yes its a good deal but its still $0.80 per empty bottle, i would rather buy bottles with beer in it for not much more

Really, buy $300 worth of Grolsch and enjoy the premium lager.

Explain how kegging is greater than bottling?
Easier cleaning cycle, greater control over carbing, faster to get beer in a drinkable condition (eg forgetting about a party until the week before! :eek:), takes up less storage room, the smugness that comes of having draft beer in your own home, ...

I keg and bottle, and all my bottles are swing top bottles. 390 is a little overkill. I have about 120 16oz swing tops, which is good for about three batches of beer at a time.

If I were you, I'd offer him $75.00 for 120 of them. Even if you do switch to kegs, you'll find yourself still bottling a few batches here and there that you want/need to age.

I keg as well have a 2 keg system,the lady that is selling the bottles says her husband
was a homebrewer and is now bed ridden make it hard to ask for a lower price,she
does not sound like she has a lot of cash income.

Back