AHS Hobgoblin clone, has anyone tried it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasttimes

Reaction score
I just placed an order for this extract kit from AHS and was curious if anyone has given it a go? Also, if so what is the fermenting temps and schedule with this kit? I really wish AHS would post that info on their site.

Probably the same as Orfy's HG clone recipe which I started New Year's Eve. Do a quick search and you'll find instructions.

B

Well, jsut about 7 weeks after brew date I had my first taste last night of the AHS Hobgoblin clone and I'm not too crazy about it. The beer is still green, so I'll give it that. But the color is no where near as dark as a Hobgoblin should be. Pretty watery looking. Hopfully when the beer matures some more the taste will be good. But I'm going to have to say this is not a true clone of this beer.

Has anyone else down this exact clone from AHS?

The beer was never close to what Hobgoblin should be like, much lighter in color. It was an "ok" tasting beer, but no Hobgoblin clone.

Back