Next label, need help choosing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterse

Reaction score
Just bottled my second beer, a honey porter. I have designed a few labels and have narrowed my choices down to 2. I would like some input to help me choose the label. Here goes:

beerlabelB002ver2web.jpg

I like the layout of this label better, but the beach scene does not seem to go well with the style of the beer

beerlabelB002web.jpg

This label seems better suited to the style of beer but just doesn't seem to pop as much. What do you think?

Ditto what the Muncher and Kahuna say. #1 it is. Also why not have the wrapping letters at the top read "Bare Bottom Brewery" instead of Bare Bottom Brew? Otherwise it's great, I really like pin-up art and have done a couple labels using it myself.

Schlante,
Phillip

The bottom fits the porter style better...but that top label would kick A$$ for a blond or some kind of summer seasonal.

Actually, I already have a label created for a summer blonde Ale. Its's actually made from Biermunchers Centennial Blonde and it's almost ready to bottle as well.

beerlabel4web.gif

And I think I will take the advise of changing bare bottom brew to brewery on the label. I had gone back and forth on that and now you mention it, it should be the other way.

I think the brunette on the beach might be better for a darker wheat beer maybe.

the first one is sexier. you can't really tell its beach. at least i didn't till it was mentioned. either way you got a good thing going.:tank:

2nd one is definitely better for a porter. I know I'm against the grain but it seems to be a better label for the beer. Just think of the sweetness of the marshmallow that she is about to roast that correlates to the to "honey" part of the porter. It's also a "darker" setting than the first picture which also relates. I could probably go on if I wanted, but hey, it's late and this is just my opinion which most people probably won't even care about, since every has fallen in love with the first one regardless of the reason for the choice. But this is my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back