Was this a good deal?...3 bodied secondary regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say it's an ok deal. This is a secondary regulator, so it can't be hooked up directly to a co2 tank. This could be hooked up to a primary regulator that is hooked up to the tank.

I'd say it's an ok deal. This is a secondary regulator, so it can't be hooked up directly to a co2 tank. This could be hooked up to a primary regulator that is hooked up to the tank.

Thanks for the response.
I'm trying to get everything piece by piece...I just didn't know if this was a really good deal. I've been seeing a lot of these new from supplies $150-/+.
This seemed more commercial grade, but I couldn't find anything...and I didn't want to know I already messed up before I purchased my primary regulator....
Thanks again!

Does anyone else have any input or suggestions on my primary regulator to go with this?
Thanks!

They look like compressed air regs which are a lot cheaper and prone to leaking. Personally I stick with Taprite, Cornelius, or Norgren, you can get rebuild kits. Buy once and done.

They look like compressed air regs which are a lot cheaper and prone to leaking. Personally I stick with Taprite, Cornelius, or Norgren, you can get rebuild kits. Buy once and done.

You say to stick with Norgren....aren't these the norgren r72m-2ak-rfn pressure regs?

You say to stick with Norgren....aren't these the norgren r72m-2ak-rfn pressure regs?

Yes, they are Norgren compressed air regulators the lowest temp that they can operate at is -30 F. I spoke to Norgren online they DO NOT recommend using this for CO2 as flowing condensation could cause the seat to ice up and hold the it open and keep the pressure relief from opening. For Co2 they recommend the following R84-200-MNLA.

Use at your own risk, as for me I'll buy used and rebuild :D

Back