Homemade Blackberry Brandy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigB1

Reaction score
So this is my first time trying this. I bought a 5 gallon glass jug,yeast and a water lock. I used 6 packs of blackberries 3 lemons 1 pound of raisins 1 5lb bag of sugar and the yeast with 2 gallons of water and 2 5ths of ever clear. Mixed it all together very well and put the water air lock on the top. I just hope the ever clear let's the yeast still do its thing with the sugar. I really don't know. Time will tell I guess??

I think the everclear will/has killed the yeast. Yeast and liqour don't mix.

What you probably wanted to do was let fermentation finish and THEN mix it with the everclear. Where'd you get that recipe? I hope everclear wasn't that expensive for you, because I think you might have wasted it.

It won't ferment at all but if you let it age for a while, as in close to a year, it might not be bad. You kind of sort of made lemonchello with blackberries instead of lemons.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
Yeah I would not expect much fermentation out of that. Maybe if you made it in a toilet?

Sooo you think in a toilet? Cool when it's ready I'll be sure n invite you over for a drink thanks for your inpoop

TNGabe said:
I think the everclear will/has killed the yeast. Yeast and liqour don't mix.

Thanks a lot for the info. A mere $30 mistake.

Revvy said:
What you probably wanted to do was let fermentation finish and THEN mix it with the everclear. Where'd you get that recipe? I hope everclear wasn't that expensive for you, because I think you might have wasted it.

Thanks a lot. I just googled a few recipes and thought I'd try it. A mere $30 mistake learned the hard way!!

image-1710455393.jpg

Revvy said:
Cool. Maybe it wasn't too high an alcoholic environment to kill the yeast.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for lol this was my 7th day of mixing it and now it's off to the cellar till May!!!

Back