Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're showing off..... I love my e-brewery as well!!!

image-3437580901.jpg

image-3224704526.jpg

I am a low tech brewer who still measures out water volumes for sparges with a plastic pitcher and cooks on a banjo burner with manual temperature checks.

bmason1623 said:
I am a low tech brewer who still measures out water volumes for sparges with a plastic pitcher and cooks on a banjo burner with manual temperature checks.

I've had your beer and it is fantastic! Which goes to prove that excellent beer can be brewed with all types of equipment. It just so happens I'm an electrical geek with apparently "too much time on my hands".

P.S. did anyone get the STYX reference?

I've had your beer and it is fantastic! Which goes to prove that excellent beer can be brewed with all types of equipment. It just so happens I'm an electrical geek with apparently "too much time on my hands".

P.S. did anyone get the STYX reference?

"Too much time time on my hands"? Now get a Mr. Robotto reference in there for good measure.

A big Domo Arigato to Bill for coordinating the buys... < got the Styx covered ... but let's steer clear of the Journey moments please... no man hugging

Me also :(

Any of you fancy guys do consulting to help us low tech brothers?

I'm more than willing to give design/layout assistance. Actually paying for work brings a whole mess of other legal ramifications into the situation. I would be glad to assist and "share" some beers but I don't want to get into payment.

Just ask away, I for one did most of my research and made decisions based on a info on this site and others.. I benefitted from trials and tribulations of others, was a good way to learn & make educated decisions without the expense of too many mistakes..

I have a background in electronics and wiring, however that was in another life! Now I just enjoy working with electricity and doing a little bit of formal teaching. So ya, just ask away and again there are MANY of threads on this site that will answer most questions.

LOL I have NO background and no idea where to start. Therefor I like my process :) Until I get more room ;)

wegz15 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

:spin:

I actually have all the parts for Kal's electric brewery...just need to start wiring....just getting motivated to that point is my issue :/ Life fail.

I just spent a bit of time this evening sanding one of my future keggles. I hope in the next few days I will have time to finish then polish.

wagz said:
I just spent a bit of time this evening sanding one of my future keggles. I hope in the next few days I will have time to finish then polish.

I envy you and your patience! I just can't seem to bring myself to take the time to polish my keggles. I always seem to have better things to do. Maybe someday. By the way how is that mash paddle working for you Bill?

I envy you and your patience! I just can't seem to bring myself to take the time to polish my keggles. I always seem to have better things to do. Maybe someday. By the way how is that mash paddle working for you Bill?

absolutely splendid! I used it yesterday again for like the 3rd or 4th time. Thank you again for it.

It is ready enough to allow folks to get in and request grains. I just need a server to put this up on.

ghoti said:
It is ready enough to allow folks to get in and request grains. I just need a server to put this up on.

I have server space. Just let me know what you need me to do.

I went ahead and purchased a domain that we could use for our group buy database that ghoti has been kind enough to put together. I have sent him the ftp account information so he can upload the database. The domain is:
chicagohomebrewers.org

I went ahead and purchased a domain that we could use for our group buy database that ghoti has been kind enough to put together. I have sent him the ftp account information so he can upload the database. The domain is:
chicagohomebrewers.org

Sweet wort!

chicagohomebrewers.org
How much was it? Average the cost into the next Group Buy!

I could use a few more weeks but if we start now...ok.

I agree with spreading the domain cost among the next group buy. Bill already extends himself quite a bit for this"little" event I would hate to see him also be responsible for paying for it as well. About the timing, I could also wait ifi needed however the will of the group should prevail.

I bought 4 domains (org, com, net, info) for two years and it was just under $82...

Anyone out in the Western Burbs, close to Wheaton?

I'd love to get in on these, but the pickup has prevented me thus far. I'd be happy to chip in for gas and/or supply some homebrew if anyone wants to "carpool" some malt.

hym i dont really need more grain right now but i think i will buy one sack just to test the ordering system :)

I gotcha, Ty. I can pick up your grain (so long as everything from me and you fits into an Altima) and we can schedule a pick up more in your area when it's convenient. I can work for beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back