looking for people in medina county area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bottled my Chocolate Chili Stout on Wednesday, I'm gonna give it a least a month to condition as my basement is about 64. I am itching to brew, but I am waiting for finals to finish, and then my 2 week summer class to finish. I may brew three batches on memorial day weekend. I think this is the insanity from exam studying talking right now, but it sounds mighty tempting. Especially with those prices on 6.5 gal Carboys from LabelPeelers. They will get an order from me as soon as I am free from my prison that is law school!

i finally brewed again this weekend...was freezing my but off in garage for our neighborhood yard sales... figured might as well get a burner going... i brewed Edworts haus ale...

would you guys ever be interested in getting together for a brew day?
I've got a big yard and could do a picnic/brew day if anyone is interested?

bring the wife and kids if you have them...

i have all the stuff to do all grain and depending if i ever make progress on my brew stand...lol

right now i use an 8 gallon pot to boil in (i could use another burner to heat water especially if more then 1 batch is going)

I'm not opposed to doing a brew day, but I don't have a burner. Since I make extract batches I'm able to make mine on the stove and then dilute.

I also can't go to the thing on Sunday, I have a summer class and it starts on Sunday from 830-430.

Sean i would be interested in doing an all grain brew day. I have a burner. And also i can split cost with u if u want to split the batch. Also have a 15.5 gallon brew pot i made out of a keg if u want to do one big batch. I'm interested in doing my first all grain and trying it. I'm only i couple pieces away from having everything to do all grain.

Have you heard of SAAZ Beer Club? We meet in Fairlawn the second Tuesday of the month. Next meeting June 12th.

Looks like im late to the party on this thread.... anyway im in Kent Ohio so not far away. would love to get together and share beers and such....subscribed....

So whos brewing what? I just got done doing a Parti Gyle batch of Barleywine and Bitter. I am going to make a Dry Irish stout for St. Patricks day and am putting together a Hefewisen recipie for some late spring brewing.

What are you guys brewing and maybe some akron area people can meet up and do some tasting notes?

Hey all. I've been subscribed to this thread for a while but never posted in here. I'm from Akron and have a little over a year of brewing under the belt. I think it would be awesome to get together and share some homebrew since I really haven't had any expert advice yet. I will also be brewing a St Pattys day beer this weekend but in going with an Irish Red.

I did an Irish red last year that turned out really well. I actually found one kicking around in the back of the fridge mid summer and it had improved a lot! Just as an experiment maybe you should hide a bottle or three away for a few months in cold storage. At any rate maybe we can find a few more people who are doing a St. Pattys day brew and meet up saturday the 16th of march for a tasteoff!

I started this thread sometime ago.and havnt been on in awhile.glad to see some life in it again. I took a break from brewing, but I think its time to wash the equipment up and start up again. I stopped after spring because my house was to hot for fermentation with out an airconditioner. I tried to ferment submerged in water but the beer didn't turn out well. What do you guys do in the winrer? Do you use the house stove or still do it outside?

I just brewed last weekend and I did my mash and strike water indoors and boiled out on the patio. I did most of my beer monitoring from the safety of the inside out the window. Had to brave the elements waiting for the boil and adding my single charge of hops and then my nutrient and irish moss at 15 mins. I am trying to get a lot of stuff brewed and in the pipeline while the weather is helping my fermentation temps. Mid summer last year I was very afraid to brew due to temp and I ran out of beer :(

I braved the cold and brewed 10 gal of an Irish red over the weekend. Luckily I have everything set up in my garage and can close it half way to keep some of the cold air out. Although after running my immersion chiller my driveway was an ice skating rink. I am also trying to get my pipeline going again as it ran out through all The holidays. I have the Bells Two Hearted clone, a nut brown, and the Irish red done so far.

I'm up in Cleveland. Hello!

I'm going to be doing some stove top 2.5g BIAB stuff until it gets above freezing again.

I live in Litchfield and have just really started to take the plunge into this little addiction - I'd love some people in my area that I can meet up with/chat/learn from!

I am going to brave the cold tomorrow and do a brew day in my garage. Going to brew the Cent Blonde everyone keeps raving about in the recipe forums. Doing a BIAB AG 5 gallon batch.

Latest posts

Back