Wanna help make corona taste good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
Ok, so my SWMBO likes corona. *sigh* I need a recepie that's close enough to corona that she'll like it but I want to ejoy it too. I know corona uses corn to get that distinct flavor(besides leaving it in the !@#$ sun for a few weeks in CLEAR BOTTLES while shaking the crap out of it and oxidizing the hell out of it!!!! Maybe even having someone named Jose' piss in half the bottles first!!!!!!... but I digress...) I'm thinking pilsner malt is the way to go. Would any specialty grains be appropriate other than flaked corn? Maybe 1lb of munich to malt it up a hair, sneak in some good flavor when she's not lookin'? Maybe .25lbs of crystal 20? Something, anything to make it not necessary to put lime in to cover up the taste! Here's what I'm kinda playing with, how does it sound?

6lbs pilsner malt
2lbs flaked corn
1lb munich(light)
.25lb crystal 20

1oz Tettenanger hops ~ 4.5%

2112 California Lager

Can anyone help me with this recepie? Make it better but still stay very close to Corona. Something everyone will enjoy, craft brewers and BMC people alike.:(

Hmmm.....can't help much with the recipe....but have you tried Ed's Haus Pale Ale? Pretty crisp, and light in body. Maybe it's a compromise....

After looking at some other recipes in my clone book, I think I would add 1/2 Saaz hops for aroma, but I don't know the IBU rating of Jose's piss.

They don't give the exact amounts. I can check the instructions when I get home from work later. I think the amounts were on there.

Find a landscaping crew and mix their piss and sweat in a bottle. Show it a picture of a hop for about 2 seconds, then put it directly in the sun for 6 months.

Here is a tried and true way to make Corona taste good.

1. Empty the bottle into a nearby receptacle ( a sink works great).

2. Rinse bottle out throughly.

3. Carefully fill with a better tasting, light colored beer, maybe a Blonde or a nice crisp Pilsner.

4. Enjoy.

Check out the Cerveza recipe in the drop down under my avatar, while it doesn't come out tasting a whole lot like corona, it is much much better in my opinion.

Cheers

wop31 said:
Check out the Cerveza recipe in the drop down under my avatar, while it doesn't come out tasting a whole lot like corona, it is much much better in my opinion.

Cheers..........................

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 11.00 gal
Boil Size: 14.07 gal
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 3.3 SRM
Estimated IBU: 15.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
7 lbs 12.8 oz Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 39.0 %
7 lbs 12.8 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 39.0 %
4 lbs 6.4 oz Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 22.0 %
2.10 oz Liberty [4.30%] (60 min) Hops 15.3 IBU
1.20 oz Liberty [4.30%] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep)Hops -
2 Pkgs Mexican Lager (White Labs #WLP940) (I actually used a 1/2 gallon starter that I stepped up from 1 vial) ..........
Ok, cool, corn! I know ya gotta use it to get that authentic (HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!) corona taste(PPPFFFFTT!!!!!!!! YEAH AND PISS!!!) Remember people, though I don't like corona (because I think it's crap!) dosn't mean my SWMBO thinks it is. I need to make something that tastes similar BEFORE it gets all oxidized and shaken up! What is your thoughts on pilsner malt for this recepie then jacking up the enzymes, of course, with some 6-row as indicated in your recepie above? I am going to be fermenting it at 65 degrees F, the max top end range for 2112 cal lager from WYEAST as well. And how would you go about going down to the farmers' market and picking up 20 ears of corn, cutting it right off the cob and using it for the mash instead of flaked? I know you have to boil it for a few hours... How does that go again?

Back