• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

All Grain Brewing Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have managed to accumulate way too much brewing equipment. The only problem with this is that the wife will not allow me to buy anything else until I sell some of my stuff. I would like to sell everything together. I will not be shipping this equipment as well.

1 SS Keggle w/bazooka screen
1 SS Keg (will make into a keggle if you ask nicely)
1 Immersion Wort Chiller
1 10 Gallon Igloo cooler w/ ball valve and SS Braid
1 Johnson Controls thermostat
3 5 Gallon Glass Carboys
1 6 Gallon Glass Carboy
3 Brewing Buckets with out lids
2 Corny Kegs (recently replaced o-rings
1 1000ML Erlenmeyer flask
1 Clone Brews Book
1 Joy Of Homebrewing Book
Bungs and Airlocks for each carboy
1 5lb CO2 tank (empty)

I am not looking to split this up. Price is firm at $800:drunk:

I have managed to accumulate way too much brewing equipment. The only problem with this is that the wife will not allow me to buy anything else until I sell some of my stuff. I would like to sell everything together. I will not be shipping this equipment as well.

1 Immersion Wort Chiller
3 5 Gallon Glass Carboys
1 6 Gallon Glass Carboy
1 Clone Brews Book
1 5lb CO2 tank (empty)

I am not looking to split this up. Price is firm at $800:drunk:

Sorry to hear that . I assure you that it is not possible to accumulate too much Brewing equipment. Good Luck. there is always the Storage unit.
or you could build a small pole bldg out back " a place for my stuff":tank:

I have a shed where most of the stuff is located and it is running out of space for the wife's stuff. I have other stuff I want to buy, but this stuff is in the way. Willing to negotiate the price now!:ban:

I'm betting you won't get more than 250 for all that. Not with that other thread where someone got a whole stand and 10 carboys for 800 bucks.

I can tell you this mr carnevoodo, I will not let it go for $250. Try getting all that new or used for 250!

are you willing to split iit up yet?I could use a keggle.Or two <--(nice)

I can tell you this mr carnevoodo, I will not let it go for $250. Try getting all that new or used for 250!

They're 90 bucks local.

30 bucks.

1 Immersion Wort Chiller
40 bucks to make this

40 bucks, tops. I guess people pay more online, but really it is not hard to build.

Mine was 40 used.

3 5 Gallon Glass Carboys
I've gotten 3@60 total

1 6 Gallon Glass Carboy
25 bucks

I've gotten a lot with purchases. I'll just say 15 dollars total.

40 bucks

15 bucks new

1 Clone Brews Book
10 bucks

10 bucks

a few bucks, should come with used stuff

1 5lb CO2 tank (empty)
40 bucks

OK, so 350 sounds right. Those are all prices I've paid, though.

Dude what is your problem? Not your stuff, didn't ask your opinion! I had to take the time and the effort to get this stuff together, not to mention the gas. Go to the LHBS and try to buy a keggle! If you want to buy the stuff from somebody you pay the price they are asking.

Dude what is your problem? Not your stuff, didn't ask your opinion! I had to take the time and the effort to get this stuff together, not to mention the gas. Go to the LHBS and try to buy a keggle! If you want to buy the stuff from somebody you pay the price they are asking.

wow...just, wow

those are some good prices carnevoodo posted, were are you shoping? i cant find half that stuff for that price.

the 10 gallon cooler for 40 clams with the ball valve and screen?
a 10 gallon cooler alone is 55-60 bucks new

That's enough of the bickering. The op has ask for said price and if you want to haggle then do it in a PM.

As for the stuff for sale I would bet that most of it would be gone by now if you were willing to split it up. Not many people are going to drop 8 bones on all that when most here don't need or want it all. Just my $.02. :mug:

When I decided to part with all of this stuff the idea was to raise money to improve my other stuff. If I need to split it up I will, but I wanted to give someone the opportunity to get the whole lot. I also said that I was willing to listen to offers on the whole lot!

I am not sure why the one guy has such an issue with the price. If I didn't think the price was reasonable I would simply view the ad and then go to the next. Whatever.

I give my opinion on things for sale so other fellow brewers here will have an idea about what kind of deal they're getting. We do that all the time about other stuff for sale. I don't see any difference for ads here.

If it's not a good deal, I'll say so. If it sounds fair, I may say so, or say nothing at all. And if it's a killer deal, you'll get a bunch of people saying what a great deal it is, encouraging potential buyers. If you are trying to sell stuff on here for twice what it's worth, you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls you on it.

I totally agree w/ carnevoodoo. $800 is way overpriced. carnevoodoo posted what he thought the goods were worth. It would be interesting to see what 1234 thinks they're worth. If he thinks everything's worth twice what carnevoodoo posted, the gear better be gold plated or something.

those are some good prices carnevoodo posted, were are you shoping? i cant find half that stuff for that price.

the 10 gallon cooler for 40 clams with the ball valve and screen?
a 10 gallon cooler alone is 55-60 bucks new

I just posted deals I've gotten on there. Sure, some of them were really cheap. I didn't mean for it to be some big crazy discussion, but if some brand new homebrewer looked in here and bought that for so much money, I'd be bummed for him. That's all.

I would be interested in the Keg not made into a Keggle, if you wanted to just cut and smooth the holes for me, I could plumb it. Can just be shipped USPS by slapping a label on it. Oh, it is legally obtained right? PM me if this sounds good and we can talk prices.

Ship zip would be 97701.

DK

shipping on a sanke will be too much... they are relatively heavy

the sad tale here is that homebrewing equipment doesn't have great resale value in the national market Even keggles that we have to obtain and construct just don't. Homebrewers are savvy folks looking for a deal. However, where we live (1234, i'm about 3 hours east of you in southwest VA) this stuff is much harder to come by b/c the used market is slim as there are fewer homebrewers than, say, southern california. So I think we overestimate what we can get cuz it was so much harder to get it and we usually had to pay full price and didn't inherit one of the clubs old stuff cuz there is no club, etc. IMO, there are probably several folks between 1234 and myself who would think 500 bucks was awesome considering they don't know where or how to obtain/make a keggle, it's convenient to get everything at once, you may get a piece of equipment you wouldn't have invested in ordinarily as part of the deal. Some would say that guy/girl is a fool but who cares if they're happy and brewing? Anyway, I think geographical/demographic differences are often underappreciated - especially in this hobby. The old interwebs sort of lumps us all into one big pile.

I am willing to travel up to 2 hours to meet up with someone. I have only 1 glass 5 gallon carboy left, everything else still available. I am now looking to get $500 for everything now!

are you still wanting to sell as a set, or are you willing to piece it out? I sent you a PM with what I was interested in. thanks!

Still would like to sell as a set. I am waiting to hear from a guy, that is why I haven't responded to your PM yet.

Shipping will be a last resort, the wife would have to do it. It also is going to cost you about $25 to have it shipped.

Updated list of items left: 1 keggle, 1 5lb co2 tank (just tested), 1 analog Johnson Controller, 3 brewing buckets, 1 10 Gallon Igloo Cooler with Ball valve, and 1 wort chiller. PM me with what you want and what you are willing to offer.

Wort Chiller has been sold. 3 Keggles now available and they will all have new weldless ball valves and bazooka screens.

Back