can I rescue my brew???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJanni

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post here and I have a problem with my latest batch of beer. I made an Oktoberfest style beer from a kit and the problem is it tastes really watered down! Next to no flavor!!! I've used these kits before with success in the past. My theory is maybe I boiled too long. I used the prescribed amount of water filled up to the 5 gallon mark on the fermenter. Is there any way to rescue it? Maybe boiling off the extra water or freezing it off like you do with apple jack? I'm super bummed and hope there's a solution. Thanks all! :mug:

Greg

First off, welcome to a wonderfully addicting hobby.

Second off, RDWHAHB ;)

:mug:

Give it time, it may still end up being watered down when things are said and done, but you really shouldn't judge any beer too much until it's been aged properly. Personally I go for 4 weeks in the fermentor, 3 weeks in bottle, and then try to wait a week or two more before chilling (for 48 hours) then drinking.

Thanks duffman! I have read some of the stickies on potentially ruined beer and it seems patience is the answer. By the way, since I'm a noob here, what does RDWHAHB mean? Later!

Oh no......

naughty.gif

Latest posts

Back