Anybody into RC cars here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
I kinow we're all just a bunch of Kids in grown up bodies here.

I was just wondering if anybodyu is into RC Cars/Trucks/Boats, etc.?

I used to be into it when I was younger, but my priorities shifted when I got a drivers license. So I sold all my stuff and got out of it. I stumbled across an RC forum on accident to day and I think I might want to get back into it. I need another expensive hobby! :D

Any Body else?

I just had a conversation about RC cars last night. A friend of mine is really into the RC scene, and he highly recommended a small RC car that runs a brushless motor at extremely high RPMs using small, high output batteries. I wish I could remember the brand name.

Before moving out here to NC and having kids I was racing cars in both the TC and Mini classes. The Mini class was a blast since it was Tamiya Mini Coopers only with very limited upgrades, so it was basically a spec class, with competition levels being pretty tight. I raced an Associated TC-3 in touring car class, with the MB body. This class tended to favor those who spent more on their cars, but if you could really concentrate on driving smooth you could blow away guys with cars 3 times as expensive.

I've also got a couple planes and a couple boats. Be careful, as this hobby can get really expensive, really fast.

I used to be in boats when I was younger ... still have one but haven't fired it up for years. As already said ... can become really expensive and stuff breaks all the time. Fun hobby tho especially when you have kids I guess :)

A couple of years ago we had 2 TMaxx trucks, man could they hall butt. Kept crashing them though and the parts got to expensive.

I have a few buddies into the gas powered RC cars, a couple that are wanting to get into planes, and my step-father used to build his own RC hydroplanes and race them. That was pretty cool to watch. I would like to get into the planes, and maybe the boats, but at this point in time, that is just not in the budget.

I have an HPI Savage that I bought as a basher, but it's since just sat around and collected dust.

I look at it once every couple weeks and think "Man, I should push the snow into a mound and jump it", but then I remember its cold out and think otherwise.

capcrnch said:
I have an HPI Savage that I bought as a basher, but it's since just sat around and collected dust.

I look at it once every couple weeks and think "Man, I should push the snow into a mound and jump it", but then I remember its cold out and think otherwise.

Isn't the point of RC that you can sit inside where it's warm while operating the car outside?

Sir Humpsalot said:
Isn't the point of RC that you can sit inside where it's warm while operating the car outside?

Some may laugh, but i've done that.

Sucks when the truck flips though. Then you have run out there, flip it over, run back inside, etc etc

Maybe I can hire a neighborhood kid to operate as a flipper.

Back