Parti-gyle advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal_J

Reaction score
I am wanting to do a 3-way parti-gyle, 5 gallons each . One thing has me kind of stumped... How do you calculate either manually or in beersmith for 3 beers? I know for 2, you make your efficiency 2/3, 1/3 split big vs small. Do you just take the small beer and re-split it using the same grain bill?Or is it split 3 ways.

Thank you for any assistance

I've only done one partigyle and it was a while ago, but I did use BeerSmith. What I did was create a parent recipe that was as if it were not a partigyle brew at all, but without hops and yeast and stuff to calculate the mash. Then I created two child recipes that were done to calculate the hops. This was with a 40 lb grain bill in a 72qt Coleman Extreme cooler mash tun, which maxxed it out perfectly. The first runnings batch was a 5 gallon batch and the second runnings batch was 10.

I'd be very interested to hear any better ideas.

Yes on the 50/50 split. Same as I did for a partygyle barlywine, seemed to work well.

Back