What are you dressing up as for halloween?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
Just went to AC Moore to pick up the materials for my costume. Wondering what everyone else is planning, it's always a huge night here in Chapel Hill. My friends and I are going as multiple versions of MJ, here's mine:
[YOUTUBE]y4yb7pPaj0w[/YOUTUBE]

I was either going to be

Ali G
alig.jpg

Borat
borat.jpg

or a Geico Caveman
tv057a.jpg

If i could get my hands on a pair of lederhosen, i'd be all over that. But they are so damn expensive and hard to come by. If all else fails, i have a bear rug that i'll drape over me and be a barbarian.

For the last few years (while I still lived in Cali), I had a blue mohawk. I would never dress up, but I always went as Sonic the Hedgehog. Anymore, the mohawk has been replaced by a beard, and since I'm a pirate the rest of the year, what's the point of changing that for one night? :rockin:

I don't dress up for Halloween. I'm too busy getting my kids dressed up and running them around to different neighborhoods to trick or treat.

We are dressing up @ work so what the hell, I will dust off the boiled leather armour...wonder if I can bring my sword.

Drunkensatyr said:
We are dressing up @ work so what the hell, I will dust off the boiled leather armour...wonder if I can bring my sword.

Wait, you're going to dress in leather and your sword's gonna be swinging? :confused:

I have this in the closet...

MedievCC746%20Wicked%20Jester.jpg

I'll probably wear it and trey to scare some of the kids that come by looking for candy.

This is the first time in YEARS that SWMBO and I have dressed up. We've got a party to go to and I'll be wearing this. :D

60_8974.jpg

Lil' Sparky said:
This is the first time in YEARS that SWMBO and I have dressed up. We've got a party to go to and I'll be wearing this. :D

60_8974.jpg

I keep seeing those on eBay everytime I search for kegs, and wondering, "should I do that?"

Lil' Sparky said:

60_8974.jpg

You need to put some flames on the bottom of that and stick an immersion chiller around your neck...

Dog the Bounty Hunter and my wife is going to be Beth.

TxBrew said:
Dog the Bounty Hunter and my wife is going to be Beth.

Someone I know did that last year.
Tip: Bring extra balloon for Beth. People tended to pop the falsies.
Or are you lucky like that already?:D

Me:

This hat:
95484652lrg.gif

Some "custom" (read: hell if I am going to pay $200 for these things...shorts + suspenders will do) lederhosen.

A shirt that simply reads "Braumeister" across the front

1L Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest mug

Girlfriend, or I suppose SWMBO?:

beergirl.jpg

I'm going as Drexl this year

drexel.jpg

I won't have dreds but i'm going to braid my hair and cut my face up...with effects makeup of course :D

My friends and I might all go as Gary Oldman characters...****, you could do it with just Dracula (wolf, old man, prince, bat, etc.)

Then there's Beethoven, Zorg, O.W. Grant...Gary Oldman is a god!

:ban:

olllllo said:
Someone I know did that last year.
Tip: Bring extra balloon for Beth. People tended to pop the falsies.
Or are you lucky like that already?:D

She's preggo so she has a little Beth thing going on :D

TxBrew said:
She's preggo so she has a little Beth thing going on :D
She'll need a big spare tire around her waist to really pull it off.;)

I personally don't get excited about Halloween. Haven't since I was about 12 years old. I hate going out on Halloween b/c it's as bad a New Years Eve. And I don't need any grubby little ankle-biters at my door trying to extort me for candy.

I'll do what I always do on Halloween. Stay at home and ignore the doorbell! Go ahead, call me W.C. Fields!!! See if I care!

Rhoobarb said:

I personally don't get excited about Halloween. Haven't since I was about 12 years old. I hate going out on Halloween b/c it's as bad a New Years Eve. And I don't need any grubby little ankle-biters at my door trying to extort me for candy.

I'll do what I always do on Halloween. Stay at home and ignore the doorbell! Go ahead, call me W.C. Fields!!! See if I care!

I do the same thing--or make sure I'm out doing something. I've always hated the idea of begging for candy at a stranger's door. Even as a kid I hated it.

I'll be in lederhosen and swmbo will be in the female version. We will also have our dachsund and a corny of hefeweizen. :D

Should be a fun night during the party... and after

Dragged out the NASA flight suit & added a gorilla mask & a long wig.

Planet of the Apes meets Cavemen

I dressed up like my boss. He's an old navy guy and quite the character. Got a high and tight flat top and shave the beard of for a neat mustach. He is also pretty damn short so I cut the heals off of some old shoes and strapped them to my knees. Every one got a good laugh, especially him. I'll post a pick of it tomorrow.

The company I work for has gotten way too corporate... every one use to participate and have a blast. Out of 75 people I was the only one who did anything. Sad really

This is why the event should only be called treat now. If you had been in my neighborhood we would have tricked the **** out of your house :D The holiday is a free excuse for shenanigans toward people who do not participate. For $5 in candy and a bowl on your front porch, you may be saving hours of tree and yard clean-up. To bad so few follow tradition.... sigh. The trick is the best part (especially if hookers are involved).

I'm one of those who despises Halloween with a passion I cannot begin to describe. If it weren't for my kids, I'd hunker down at home or go to my office. I know, humbug. :mad:

That said, I'll do what I always do. Hang out in my neighbor's driveway, around the fire pit, handing out candy in a group stop and drink copius amounts of beer.

I'm going as the drunk, middle-aged guy down the street.:drunk:

Back