American-Lite Beer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-MG-

Reaction score
I still have many friends that want to come over for the occasional beer pong and want me to make a house beer for that. I have a premium lager fermenting now that is very simple, but may be slightly too much. It's basically:

12g
19lb Pilsner
2.7 oz Hallertu

Hit the OG of 1.049 on the dot. I haven't really placed around with rice flakes or corn flakes. I don't know if my above beer can accomplish this goal, it probably can. Just wondering if anyone had suggestions of a recipe for this purpose. And no I don't want to go out and buy bud light just for this. I enjoy the brewing process no matter the type of beer.

I would cut back the pilsner to 80% and add in 20% flaked corn or rice. Use about 17 ibu of willamette.

I would cut back the pilsner to 80% and add in 20% flaked corn or rice. Use about 17 ibu of willamette.

Williamette is one I thought of using as well. That or something like cascade.

What are the differences you will notice between flaked corn or rice?

Is it possible to buy either of those locally without a LHBS?

It seems after reading a bit that you can use minute rice (instant rice) and throw it right into the mash.

You could just make a blonde ale. It will be a faster turn around. or you could make a barely wine. It would make the game much more interesting ;)

Back