Kalamazoo,MI brewer interested in homebrew exchanges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamWiz

Reaction score
Hello all,

I live in Kalamazoo, MI and am looking for some people to exchange homebrews with for sampling and critique. I don't have a lot of friends who are into good beer, so I am not getting very constructive feedback on my beers. And the local homebreweing club does a lot of their meetings in bars, so you can't bring beer for sampling(90% of my reason to join a club would be to taste other's beers and have them taste mine - why a homebrewing club would conduct their meetings in a bar is beyond me). I am looking for any homebrewers within a reasonable distance that I could do some exchanges with. Like I said, I live in SW Michigan, but I go to Grand Rapids, Flint, and the Detroit area a lot also. Anyone interested?
:mug:
-Adam

Im located in novi currently but will be back at WMU in the fall. Once im back at school we could easily swap brews.

I do AG brewing. First batch will be done next week, which is a smoked Schwartz ale, start the second today with is a blue moon clone. after that it will be a amber ale and hefeweizen.

sounds good to me - send me a message when you are going to be in town.

Itll be a few months till im going to be in kalamazoo again. late august early september

i live in lapeer but i'll be up in kazoo soon to see my buddy. so if any of you guys wanted to trade i am finishing up my american cream ale in 2 weeks is anyone interested in trading a 6 pack or anything?

I live in Battle Creek, and makes trips to Kzoo frequently for Drakes Party store. Wouldnt mind trading a few homebrews.

i live in lapeer but i'll be up in kazoo soon to see my buddy. so if any of you guys wanted to trade i am finishing up my american cream ale in 2 weeks is anyone interested in trading a 6 pack or anything?
I'm down with that if I'm around. Send me a message whenever you'll be around. I have several batches that are about to be bottled: ESB, hoppy wheat, cream ale, 1908 kentucky common(my first attempt at a sour mash). I have been brewing like mad to prepare some entries for the upcoming Michigan Beer Cup competition, and I'd love to have some feedback.
I live in Battle Creek, and makes trips to Kzoo frequently for Drakes Party store. Wouldnt mind trading a few homebrews.
same thing: just send me a message whenever you'll be around and if I'm here we can meet. BTW, Drakes does have a good selection, but if you want even more beer selection here in kzoo, Tiffany's has about the most different beers I've ever seen in one place.

Hey Adam. I'm in Kazoo right now and would be more than happy to trade. My parents live in Portage and I am only here occasionally. I will be here for a week or so though. Right now I have an English IPA with me. Shoot my an e-mail at [email protected]

I'm from Rockford which is about 20 minutes out of Grand Rapids. If you are ever in GR, I'm interested in trading.

I'm in South Bend, Indiana but I go to Bell's Brewery at least once a month I'd be glad to trade some Home Brews with you or anyone else for that matter send me a PM.

I'm from Rockford which is about 20 minutes out of Grand Rapids. If you are ever in GR, I'm interested in trading.
My wife is from Jenison, so I am in the Grand Rapids area quite frequently. I would be down to do some swaps, I'll send you a message next time I'll be in town. I have been meaning to check out the new homebrew shop in GR, O'Connor's. Have you been there yet?

I'm in South Bend, Indiana but I go to Bell's Brewery at least once a month I'd be glad to trade some Home Brews with you or anyone else for that matter send me a PM.
Send me a message whenever you'll be around, I'm up at Bell's A LOT. I buy most of my ingredients at their homebrew shop. I have a few new beers that I've bottled recently or am about to bottle: farmhouse ale w/ Brett, Anchor Steam clone, Patersbier, wheat wine, and chocolate/oatmeal milk stout.

Here's an update on this bill.

November 11, 2011

Dear AHA, Brewers Association and Support Your Local Brewery Members,

Thanks to all of the calls and emails from supporters, House Bill 4061 has been passed by both the Michigan House (103 yeas, 4 nays) and Senate (38 yeas, 0 nays) and was signed into law by Governor Rick Snyder on November 10. The bill was supported by Michigan homebrewers and the AHA, and it allows homebrewers to serve homebrew at meetings and events held at Michigan breweries, bars and restaurants.

Until now, whenever a Michigan homebrew club met at a licensed establishment (microbrewery, brewpub or other establishment with a license to sell alcoholic beverages) for a club meeting, a homebrewing demonstration or a competition, they put their host's license at risk.

With the passage of HB 4061 these same hosts can now legally invite homebrew clubs and their members to participate in these activities. To ensure it is legal, a club needs written permission from the licensed establishment for their meeting or event.

Currently no "approved form" exists (guidance has been requested). For now, a letter that follows the intent of the bill must include:
The date and time of the event
The participating club
The location of the event
That the host acknowledges that it is not in control of unregulated beverages at its establishment (i.e. the club, not the host business, will be serving the homebrew), and agrees to assume liability under section 801(3) for the event.
Many thanks go to bill sponsor Representative Doug Geiss, who is also a homebrewer, and leading bill champion, AHA Governing Committee Chair Chris P. Frey of Saline, Mich.

Thanks for your support of Michigan homebrewers!

http://legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/publicact/htm/2011-PA-0219.htm

Senate will soon hear a bill allowing homebrew clubs to sample beer at some bars.

My wife is from Jenison, so I am in the Grand Rapids area quite frequently. I would be down to do some swaps, I'll send you a message next time I'll be in town. I have been meaning to check out the new homebrew shop in GR, O'Connor's. Have you been there yet?

A friend of a friend actually works there but I have yet to go. I still like Siciliano's way too much. I usually stop in there after class 2 or 3 times a week to grab a few beers and maybe some other homebrew stuff if a brew day is coming up.

I'm a new brewer from Grand Rapids. Once I get a few more batches under my belt I'd love to do some swapping. I'm making the switch to AG on my next attempt. Once I'm a bit more familiar with that I'll let you know and we can swap. My GF's brother is a student at WMU so I go down to K-zoo a few times a year

Join klob there meeting is next monday night I think it is still at old dog tavern but may be at bells acrossed the street . Hope to see you there

Send me a message whenever you'll be around, I'm up at Bell's A LOT. I buy most of my ingredients at their homebrew shop. I have a few new beers that I've bottled recently or am about to bottle: farmhouse ale w/ Brett, Anchor Steam clone, Patersbier, wheat wine, and chocolate/oatmeal milk stout.

O'Connor's is pretty good. You guys are LUCKY, GR has some of the best brews in the country. I miss the Grand Raggity only for that, don't miss ir for a single thing else lol.

Back