Beertender Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBRNUT

Reaction score
I have heard that New Castle is now making the kegs for the beertender, does anyone know about this? Against my better judgement my MIL bought the FIL a beertender for xmas(Isuggested a Tap A Draft so he could drink my beer). He is ok with the Heiny kegs but wants something different. If anyone in Indy has seen these definately let me know..Thanks..

From wikipedia "Newcastle Brown Ale Draught Keg's are being offered in a limited number of markets in the U.S. These markets are Chicago, Minneapolis, LA and San Diego"

I haven't seen any information about them shipping to any other states. I have one sitting on my bar brand new but I just can't seem to buy Heineken..I would buy New Castle because thats the "one and only" but there are a lot of other 5L pressurized kegs that don't make it to the U.S. which is a shame because they would sell a lot more of them if you could have more variety than 1 beer!

Bell's Oberon comes in one of those mini kegs. I don't know anything about the beertender or if compatibility could be an issue, but that would certainly be a big step up from Heineken in my book.

Yeah, I've seen these about and was considering getting one if they go on sale, on tap newcastle is way better than that horrible skunky stuff in bottle. we'll see.

Bell's Oberon comes in one of those mini kegs. I don't know anything about the beertender or if compatibility could be an issue, but that would certainly be a big step up from Heineken in my book.

There are 2 types of 5 L kegs. The ones you see that have the spout on the bottom are gravity fed. Basically they pressurize the keg to a certain level. You open it up and drink it probably within the first day or so or it will go flat. The heineken keg has a small co2 cartridge within it. This will keep the beer pressurized and fresh for about 30 days. Its only 10 pints so thats not a problem. The only thing the beertender really does is keep the beer cold by providing a housing for it so that you don't have to open the refrigerator every time to pour some beer. If more companies can make the 5L pressurized kegs I think this device would be great. Its probably too expensive to make only 10 pints in a keg??

Okay, I think Bell's is the wrong kind then. I've never gotten it personally, but I took a look at the store when I first saw it and I think it was gravity fed.

I was on vacation in PA and ran into a beer distributor to get Bell's beer because we can't get it in NJ. I was on my way out when I saw the display of Heineken Draught Kegs that are available for the Beetender. The entire display was a sea of green and then on the bottom was a tiny smidge of brown..Could this be?? No...A second glance revealed 1 New Castle Draught keg!! I waited nearly 7 months since I received the Beertender this past christmas for this moment. I ran down the basement and dusted off the Beertender for its first use. I am not sure if these are available all over but just wanted to give everyone a head up that hopefully these are making it to other areas. This makes a nice guest tap next to my homebrew.

Yeah, I saw one on Friday when I was looking for a six pack to get my GEORDIE SCHOONER*. I hadn't had Newcastle in a while, and so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

* This must always be pronounced in a loud Scottish accent, as per CBW Bylaws Article 8 Section 15.

I am fairly sure that I have seen the Bell's beer that do fit in the Beertender, but they had to be looked for. It was in Minneapolis last summer, and of all the bigger beer stores that I went into, they were only carried in one of them.

Back